Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 400 pounder Bluefin on Spinning

Default 400 pounder Bluefin on Spinning

Fyi- My bro relocated to Cape Cod area, sent me a 13OCT14 newspaper article covering a 423 bluefin caught on spnning gear out of a Chatham charter last friday. May have been record potential but another bigger BF was caught on spinning gear the following sunday, dam I'm here in DV socal trying to catch a 10 pounder lol!

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Fyi- My bro relocated to Cape Cod area, sent me a 13OCT14 newspaper article covering a 423 bluefin caught on spnning gear out of a Chatham charter last friday. May have been record potential but another bigger BF was caught on spinning gear the following sunday, dam I'm here in DV socal trying to catch a 10 pounder lol!
    10 pound striper I meant not BF.... I think out there they have a 28inch limit on striper too...

3. Default

lololol that is huge fish

Didnt mention earlier the following BF caught the following sunday on a Stella 1800 sw's was even bigger -597lbr!

Seems like a spinning reel would be a lot tougher to get leverage on ... and thus be more tiring?

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Seems like a spinning reel would be a lot tougher to get leverage on ... and thus be more tiring?
    Article said 3 shared the labor reeling in the fish- 45 minute fight, not sure the details if it was braid or mono they were using.