Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris - Allessandro Island?

Default Perris - Allessandro Island?

Just an observation - if the lake drops much more Allessandro Island is going to be Allessandro Peninsula, lol. I know it's been coming down for a very long time but it seems as though they've peeled off quite a bit in the last 3-4 weeks. The water on the backside of the island is nearly gone. I watched two kayaks and an inflatable pass through on the water. I didn't get really close but judging by the distance between the island and the shore I'm not sure a boat could even make it. It sucks because what was a really decent crankbait bite area in 8-11' over grass is now 4-5' all grass. Hopefully it slows down!
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 10-13-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Baja1ab,

I hadn't thought about the effects of the dropping water to the area east of the island. That sure cuts down the fishable water if it is too shallow to fish. I had a couple of buddies tell me you can now see several sunken boats around the island. One on the southside, ( I thought it was a Palm Tree), and one somewhere in the easterly side of the island. It is a great time to mark waypoints on the boats, as the one my buddies told me he saw a "double digit" swim out from one of the boats, check out his bait, and then turn around and swim back into the boat.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 10-14-2014 at 07:21 AM.