Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10 miles south of Dana point Dorado

Default 10 miles south of Dana point Dorado

After a few disappointing trips chasing Tuna we Went out Saturday planning on doing some halibut fishing around the domes. At the Bait barge we heard a transmission about Dorado at 13/39. We decided to head there first. Bait was mixed Sardines/ Macs. Choppy water very little swell temp at the harbor 68.5 at the 13/39 70.8. Only had one rigged for fly lining. My wife got that one out .. I got 2 others ready and put those out. 2 minutes later ----- Bang All three drags screaming.

When just my wife and I are on the boat we both start to bring in the fish and the one who sees color first gets the help with Gaff or Net.

My wife brought in the first 15 lb Dorado. Of the two left in the holders --we bot one in and lost one. From about 10 - 3 pm it was wide open within about 30 - 50 yards drift from the patty. The patty was no bigger than dinning room table. After a while there were about 7 private boaters. Nobody pushed any body out and all were respectful of the opportunity. All caught fish. We had a great time. Ran out of Macs and were not getting much on the Sardines. Went in with 7 fish 10-18 lbs and lost 8 for various tackle and position reasons. God Bless and Tight lines

I would have Dorado to catch and eat than any other fish right now.

Congrats on the dodo slay.. Hubby and wife fishing team.. Awesome.. Any pics?

Nice job getting on the fish with your wife. That sounds like fun.

Those dodos sure are pretty. I saw my first one this year.

Thanks for the report.

There's still hope, even with the tuna gone for now...thanks for the update.

Thumbs up

How sweet is that? Dorado! We've been trying to get one of those for the past few trips.
    Congrats on a job well done.

XLNT.... Tuna at the 302 area still. It is not over yet for Tuna's.
    DR

Default Ok a pic. Ugly fieheman/ Great Dorados

I did not want to post because we were at home and I was about to fillet the fish. My wife grabbed this pic as I was taking the fish out of bag.... So pretty ugly fisherman pic. Great Dorado pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JIM WITH DORADO.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	45218
    Last edited by JL; 10-18-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Nothing wrong with that picture JL...
    Nice fish,
    Robert
    <><