Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Brown Trout Report

1. Default Wild Brown Trout Report

Old(er) report, took this trip just before summer hit, didn't get to post it.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J00AfIwiFPg

Took a long fishing trip in our local mountains for wild trout. Fell FNNer and I managed to land close to 10 wild brown trout, all safely released. The mountain stream was quite beautiful, fairly pristine, and well worth the long drive and very long hike it took to reach it. Lightline, microjigs did the trick.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if that stream still has water

Man those are some pristine waters sir. Trout sound like a good change of pace right now.

Quote Originally Posted by inthroughtheocean View Post
    I wonder if that stream still has water
    I'm pretty sure it does; it had decent levels when we went, but if this mega-drought continues it probably won't last for more than another 2 years. Just my guess.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    I'm pretty sure it does; it had decent levels when we went, but if this mega-drought continues it probably won't last for more than another 2 years. Just my guess.
    Thanks again for the awesome trip.

Looks like Sequoia or a Kern River tributary.

Santa Ana river below Big Bear is my guess. Tough hike keeps them safe from most. After dark better fishing more snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by bendopolo2004 View Post
    Santa Ana river below Big Bear is my guess. Tough hike keeps them safe from most. After dark better fishing more snakes.
    Actually....not even close. There is a brown fishery about an hour and twenty minutes away in another SoCal Range. Why in the world would you call something out like that? Carpangler has never named names and that for a reason. With our current conditions and the proximity of 17 million So Cal folks does it really make sense to give TMI?

[QUOTE=Viejo;744187]Actually....not even close. There is a brown fishery about an hour and twenty minutes away in another SoCal Range. Why in the world would you call something out like that? Carpangler has never named names and that for a reason. With our current conditions and the proximity of 17 million So Cal folks does it really make sense to give TMI?[/QUOTES]
    x2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast