Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Jr STRIPER SLAM results

Hay man , glad you came out to join us . Really enjoyed having you and fishingboy with us yesterday . I had a great time and cant wait till next year . Yall are welcome on our boat anytime and I hope we dont have to wait a whole year before we can do it again. I need to get back out there with you two so fishingboy can show me how to catch fish !! That kid dont mess around .

Oops , I thought I was sending that to Fishingboys dad . never was to good with these new fangled computers, LOL . Well while Im here just let me say thanks to all . Had the time of my life and made some great memories with the Grandkids . Got to see a few people I hadnt seen for a while and had the chance to make some great new friends . I have not seen that many smiling faces since Christmas , kids and grownups alike . Thanks again for doing this thing and for having me along . Cant wait till next time .

What a great feeling to be part of this wonderful event. The smiles on these kids from ear to ear was priceless.

Every kid involved was a WINNER! Kinda jealous seeing all the prizes they were getting. Lots of great stuff.

Scott you did an awesome job putting this together! Thank you to all the generous sponsors, thank you to all the parents, and thank you to all the kids for making all of us parents very proud!

I was very happy to see such a great turn out with so many kids. I have to thank Mike as well (Cutbait) since he is your other half.

I Really wish I could have had my daughter joining me in this event but a sprained leg wouldn't allow.

Here's a couple shots of the Big Man with his beautiful daughter and son in his awesome new boat! Love it.

Here's a shot of Eddie tuna slinging one of the stripers over with his older brother Tyler, younger brother Jack, and dad Cutbait on the boat. Absolutely great boys I tell ya!! Totally awesome seeing all the boys with rods and tw lures ready to go for the next boil. All straight up fish killers!

Great to see all the regulars Dk, Andrew, FWD, AA, Ron, FB, LB, TB's father in law, & MHMF. I hope I covered it? Also to meet new faces Zipper, & Reel EZ. Great to meet you guys. I hope you had a great time and hope to see you guys again.

I launched solo at this event and had a great time. Started the morning off with some great boil action by CB & DK. Pretty cool!

Although, I did very well alone I do have to say around 1 pm I was getting overheated from the sun and was starting to feel lonely. Lol. I went over to cb and told him I think I was done.
    So I started to head back in and something told me to troll the point real quick. So I did for a quick 5 fish with a big school sitting on that point. While doing this there was a young boy with his grandfather that had there boat beached trying to get fish watching me and cheering me on. Hmmm... This is a kids event, I don't have a kid with me? I beached my boat and told them to jump in.

It was totally awesome seeing the smiles on that young boy and proud grandfather.

Here he is fighting his fish with his grandfather on the boat.

Proud kid.

I gave them all my fish and grandpa was stoked.

Thanks again guys to everyone that helped. Awesome day!!
    Last edited by MikesOcean; 10-05-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Mike that is cool!

MO way to go on helping to put a smile on that boys face and a fishing experience that will last forever.

MO I already appreciated you, now I appreciate you even more!

Seems like Trailblazer and Cutbait have been talking about having a kids Striper event since I met them at Striperfest a couple of years ago. To see their dream realized and for it to turn out to be such a great event, well, it’s simply outstanding.

Scott, you poured your heart and soul into this event and it showed. Wow, the smiles on all the kids’ faces says it all.

Good times meeting new peeps and getting together with the guys again.

To Scott and everyone that helped make this such a great event, thank you!!!!

We have to keep this event going so when my grandchildren get a little older, they too can experience the joy and fun of a great day of fishing like the one on Saturday.

Proud of you Scott!

FWD

FWD, let me thank you for letting me fish with you.
    As neither of us had kids to participate, neither if us were gonna miss this day.
    As the newly appointed Bako Boy,
    I anoint you...
    Bako Boy Bass Guide Service!!! Lol
    After slaughtering a bunch of stripes in the morning,
    I boated one of those green ones, and the jinx was on!!!
    Man, we boated more than our share of largies & smallies.
    I wonder where we would have placed in the bass tourney that was going on?
    Thanks again for letting me aboard Captain...
    I had a blast!!!

O YA,,,,Almost forgot, Id like to CONGRADULATE the son of REEL EZ on his raffle win,, a WHOLE lot of FWD BAKO BOY Topwater lures 7 or 8 in all I believe ,,custom made by FWD and pure fish killers.

These sell for abought 500$ a piece on ebay SO im sure that the bako boys would GLADLY trade one for a bako duct guide trip if your ever in the area reel ez jr,

CONGRATS!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 10-06-2014 at 05:02 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    For some reason, I have a feeling this is directed at me. Lol
    My bad :(
    I totally forgot to separate them from the ziplock bag.
    Anywho... Congrats reel ez & son (Dane & Kelly) I believe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast