Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Jr STRIPER SLAM results

Default 2014 Jr STRIPER SLAM results

What a great day! Boils, striper, smiles, kids on fish, nice weather and great friends!

Best part of the day was Trailblazer somehow talking the lake staff into letting us on early! We showed up at 530 am and lake open was scheduled for 630. Trail blazer had convinced the staff that early hour was essential for the kids... and boy was it!

Long line filing in at 530... We get on the water at 6. What was great was this really had a feel of a Bass tourney blast off. 30ish boats making the way to the bouy line and blasting off as soon as they cross in the very cusp of grey light. Blood pumping with anticipation... WAS AWESOME..

Here is a pic of my boys and I motoring to the Bouy line

So the vast majority of us had the word that the BIG fish and best topwater activity was at the Island, Brazos, and Serrano. {no secret}

I can see the Bako Battleship and Trailblazer on a miniboil off of Manzanita pt... Dk, and Fishingwdave, MO were eyeballing hard.. We get just past Manzanita and see Brazos GOING OFF!!!!

Hand full of us turn in, the rest continue onto Serrano out of part mutual respect and wanting their own fish. {class acts all around}

Long story short,,,, that first hour, {extra hour} netted almost ALL the big fish, almost all the topwater fish for the kids! Really can't stress how great that early hour was enough.

Brienna, {Andrews niece} caught her first fish, first striper, first topwater fish on that boil in Brazos!! Just Great!

Dk boy Christopher had some big blowups and more TW fish

I saw REEL EZ and his son Dane get on some boil fish in Brazos, MHF son Genaro on one at the mouth, Trailblazer kids, Jacob and Cassie were on some doubles on the troll, including some boil fish.

Fishingwithboysdad and his son John showed up at 9 and TB picked them up at the ramp and immediately picked up a double for John.

TroutJunkie worked hard on the Bako battleship trying to find a bait bite. Hard work by EVERYONE!!!

we launched at 6 am and ended the day off the water at 430 pm. HOT around 1 and I can't stress how hard these kids stayed at it when 99% of the time I would have called it quits! Bite picked back up at 230 till off the water at 430.

Fishinone showed up around 330 thinking he had more time on the water and got his boy Caleb on a fish in the first 5 mins...

I'm so proud of all the kids who stuck through the mid day heat and preserved!

OK,,, the results!!!! I'm going to list the order of weigh in first and their bigfish!

First to weigh in was Brieanna, 7 {the firecracker, and Andrews lil' sis}.... She had a ten fish limit for 19 lbs 10 oz and a big fish of 3-11.... {that 3-11 was the one I described earlier}

Way to GO BRIEANNA!!!

Second was Cassie, 10 {Trail blazer's sweetheart lil' girl} She brought to the scales a mix of troll fish and boil fish a 10 lb 11 oz weight and a 2 lb 13 oz big fish

Natural born striper gal!!!

Third to weigh in was Jacob, 6 {Trailblazer's muscle man} Jacob brought in another mix of boil fish and troll fish for 10lb 8 oz and a big fish of 3-6.... {Cassie didn't let Jacob go without hearing about how big sis beat lil bro}

Stripers going to hurt when Jacob gets big!

Next up was Jack, 7 {Cutbaits baby and world} Jack brought in a limit of troll fish and jig fish that his older brothers Eddie and Tyler helped him with for 17 lbs 5 oz and big fish of 3 lbs 3 oz.

Jack had the time of his life yest....

Next up was Christopher, 7 {DK's future vampire buddy} Christoper brought in a whopping limit of 20 lbs 5 oz and a big fish of 3 lbs 8 oz... again a mix of boils and troll

I saw the fire in his eyes! Hes gonna make the stripers pay!!!

Genaro, 9 our sixth to weigh in {MHF lil munckin, and soon to be Dodger fan} brought to the scales 12 lbs 10 oz and a big fish of 2 lbs 6 oz.. One boil fish, and the rest troll. Bonus points were given to Genaro for his exotic brought to the scales!

Cute kid, and most well mannered for his age I've met!

Seventh to weigh in was John, 12 {Fishingw/boysdad strong, well mannered son} brought in his troll fish for 5 lbs 5 oz' and his big fish of 1-15..

Big future for this kid!!

8th up was Dane, 14 {Reel EZ polite, and bright young man} brought in his mix of boil and troll fish for a weight of 11 lbs 13 oz and big fish of 1-15 also!

Honor meeting this young man!

9th contestant was Eddie, 15 {Cutbaits budding young man} He brought in an almost exclusive limit of Top water fish for a weight of 27 lbs 5 oz and big fish of 4 lbs 4 oz!

Proud of what he was able to do on the water!

Our 10th contestant and final to weigh in was Caleb, 17 {Fishinones fine young man and very well mannered kid as well!} Caleb brought in one fish, only because his dad showed up late because he thought he had more time on the water, don't let that one fish fool you how good of a fisherman Caleb is! Caleb's fish was on the troll and was assisted by some pretty good sticks onboard in Fishbones and Loweboat, his fish came in at 3 lbs 7 oz!!

Was a joy to see Caleb on the water killing the stripers. Hope to see more of it!!!

So in summary...

Heaviest stringer
    1. Eddie 27 lbs 5 oz
    2. Christopher 20 lbs 5 oz
    3. Brieanna 19 lbs 10 oz

Big fish
    1. Eddie 4 lbs 4 oz
    2. Brienna 3 lbs 11 oz
    3. Christopher 3 lbs 8 oz

Great time was had by all!!!! Special thanks to Devoreflyer for his donation for the raffle and the mystery donor who didn't want the recognition for doing something so great. Between those two over $300 dollars were donated for combo's for the kids!

EVERY KID walked away with 2 spinning combos and atleast $20 bucks of tackle!!! Good tackle too!!!

Much Cred to my pal Trailblazer for doing all the hard work on this, without him this would not have happened.

Also to the "other's" you know who you are and what you did! {example, MikesOcean picked up a father and son who had beached their boat and working on a skunk... got the kid on a couple troll fish and made their day}

Also to Gallions!!! They donated soooo many sardines and lugworms.... Great sandwich shop too! PLEASE, next time you stop by tell them how great it was of them to donate like this.

Chad at Tackle Express!!! Donating all the right stuff for the kids to get started!!!! Tell him thank you as well!!

Lots of pics to follow

Last edited by cutbait; 10-05-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Trailblazer

Bako battleship

Taking a break from the heat

Eddie with his limit

My angel Jack and his big fish

Jacks first Smallie {released}

Jack on a troll fish with his big brother Tyler helping... Notice Trailblazer on a double hookup with Cassie in the background

Jack on another

Awesome job you guys. Those kids will fondly remember this day, their day, the rest of their lives. Big kudos to TB and CB for putting this together which truly shows the great character of the Bako boys...

Way to put the kids on fish and for a memory that will be forever. Great job to the Bako Boys for putting on this event and it can only grow, just wait til next year and watch the numbers grow.

Great looking Smallmouth Jack!!!!

Awesome outting for the kids, hats off to the bako boys and all that contributed to this.
    I will be back next year to see those smiles and lit up faces.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 10-05-2014 at 01:30 PM.

I wanted to give a big thank you to trailblazer and keith for letting me and my son on ur boat..thanks for putting us on some fish(by the way it took me 2 hours 2 clean those extra fish)...my son had a blast zippin around that lake..all of the kids had a blast

Thanks for the fish cutbait..my boy said he had fun jumping in the lake with jack. He is a real sweet kid..

It was good seeing u out there fishbones.thanks for your support.

It was fun meeting everyone out there at the campsite..all of u are a great bunch of guys and im glad to b pary of this group..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-05 15.40.33.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	45123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-05 15.37.42.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	45122  
    Last edited by fishingboysdad; 10-05-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Default Many Pictures

Awesome event guys!

The lake closed at 6 a week and a half ago when I fished it. LOL

Thank you all for your encouragement of Caleb. He had a blast!

Here are some pictures from the event.

My phone die twice while trying to get pictures so this is all that I could get.
    Last edited by fishinone; 10-05-2014 at 05:17 PM.

A Big Thanks To The Bako Boys for putting this together. And trail blazer having the lake open an hour early was the key to the success that we had. What was cool was all of us waiting for everyone to launch and run out together. I will say this goes down as my best day on the water ever. The kids not one time complained of the heat or being stuck on the island. I don't think I'll ever get away on a fishing trip without my son after this trip. Can't wait for the next event and hope to get more kids involved.

And this is how the kids finished there day

BOIL

Great pics Ron and Don!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast