Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running DEPS slide swimmers?

I'm not sure...it involves taking the outer soft skin off the bait.

I am shocked there is something DS doesn't know all about..... Mind Blowing! but there is two lead weights underneath the skin that can be replaced with heavier or lighter weights that will change the sink rate of the bait. Butch has them dialed enough to be able to know the weight that makes the bait suspend , float , sink faster etc... also hooks can play a part into the baits sink rate.

as for the new and old being the same... the newer model has the "vibe head" feature and the baits inner core seems to be a lot different then the older model IMO.. oh and the new ones box is way cheaper looking and I am sure costing

Yes I'm sure the nice guy will change the weighting around for next to nothing. Nice guys are like that ya know. Gee who ever would have known that changing the amount of weight or hooks might affect the sink rate, brilliant idea I tell ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yes I'm sure the nice guy will change the weighting around for next to nothing. Nice guys are like that ya know. Gee who ever would have known that changing the amount of weight or hooks might affect the sink rate, brilliant idea I tell ya!!!
    Yeah, looks like a few people are going out of their way to justify spending a lot of money on a $70 bait. Won't tell you who, tho!

It's all good though, as long as it catches you fish.

I think its a great bait! I also like the Rago Glideator and the Roman Made Negotiator and Mother. My favorite trout swimbait is the 13 Inch Rago Soft Tool though.

BTW I will disclose that I have NEVER caught a LMB on a swimbait. I have had a ton of followers and my goal this year is to get a few on the big baits.

I have caught many stripers on those though. Big ones.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 10-06-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yeah, looks like a few people are going out of their way to justify spending a lot of money on a $70 bait. Won't tell you who, tho!

It's all good though, as long as it catches you fish.

don't you own one???

justify what? don't understand why you would take someone answering your question as justifying them owning a bait...

I don't have a wife or financial adviser on this forum so I don't justify anything because I don't have too..

show me where you can get this bait for 70 dollars then you can call it a 70 dollar bait......

McDonalds cheeseburgers used to be 5 cents but now are $1.00..... does that make them a 5 cent burger or a $1.00 burger?

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    show me where you can get this bait for 70 dollars then you can call it a 70 dollar bait......

McDonalds cheeseburgers used to be 5 cents but now are $1.00..... does that make them a 5 cent burger or a $1.00 burger?
    The swimbait market is way out of control! The hype is ridiculous. A cheap carved wooden bait has been killing them at Willow recently, no fancy paint either.

I've been stupid enough to fall for much of the hype and have boxes full of them, they sure look pretty.....

PM me to find out, but it'll cost you. Or, I'll sell you mine for $150. It was hand tuned by our very own Seal. He added hooks to it and drew extra dots for the extra special "DVL Special" colorway. And blessed it with 'Duct holy water.

(Or, anybody else can PM me and make a better offer.)

McDonalds cheeseburgers used to be 5 cents but now are $1.00.....
    Um, "show me where" McDonald's burgers used to be 5 cents, and for the basis of this argument, show me when they were 5 cents less than 5 years ago?

http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodfaq5.html#mcdonalds

mcdonalds burgers well where 5 cent at mcdonalds hence the 5 cent mcdonalds burger.. did not know you had a time requirement with in your arguement..

gas used to be 2.90 a gallon roughly in 09 but now its 4.00 roughly so is a gallon of gas a $2.90 gallon or a $4.00 gallon? (more current for you)

so that "$70 bait" is $150 now which makes it a $150 bait right? supply and demand is a double sided sword aint it.......

i agree 100 percent the swimbait market is out of control but i dont keep a signle bait that doesnt produce for me. i am a big fan of swimbaits and their capablitys but i also know and understand jigs or even senko's can catch that same fish if presented correctly... there is two sides to every coin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast