Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running DEPS slide swimmers?

Default Anyone running DEPS slide swimmers?

I just got an e-mail from Turners announcing the new line of Deps slide swimmers. I almost spit Coke all over my keyboard when I saw how much they want for the 175 then I saw the upcoming 250 !!!!!! hundreds of dollars for a (1) swimbait???!! If you're a pro and they are your sponsor then hell ya. Just wondering how many guys here actually are paying retail for these.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I just got an e-mail from Turners announcing the new line of Deps slide swimmers. I almost spit Coke all over my keyboard when I saw how much they want for the 175 then I saw the upcoming 250 !!!!!! hundreds of dollars for a (1) swimbait???!! If you're a pro and they are your sponsor then hell ya. Just wondering how many guys here actually are paying retail for these.
    Turners prices are a joke. Compare Turners prices to Last Chance Tackle...

https://www.lastchancetackle.com/Sho...s.aspx?cid=349

Ok so the 250's are ONLY $135.... And I thought I was being extravagant when I bought my CL8!
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 10-04-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Ok so the 250's are ONLY $135.... And I thought I was being extravagant when I bought my CL8!
    Lol, I know. I have a hard time justifying spending 40 bucks on any lure. But as far as the Deps goes how does Turners justify selling them for 259 bucks when they can be bought for a buck thirty five at many other outlets. Ridiculous...

I bought 2 last year and sold one of them on EBay for 435 dollars in 7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Lol, I know. I have a hard time justifying spending 40 bucks on any lure. But as far as the Deps goes how does Turners justify selling them for 259 bucks when they can be bought for a buck thirty five at many other outlets. Ridiculous...
    That $259 includes a $150 gift card. So it is really $109 for the 175. That makes it $10 less than Last Chance. Of course you are committing $150 to future purchases to do it.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 10-04-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I bought 2 last year and sold one of them on EBay for 435 dollars in 7 minutes.
    Lol, gotta love that supply and demand thingy eh storm? Dang, that puts it right up there with the Roman Made Mothers. But I still don't get Turners thinking here when they can be bought for over 100 bucks less elsewhere, without gimmicks...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 10-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Ya the hype is gone now...but people were crazy last year when I got the new Butch Brown trout pattern at Bassathon

That $259 includes a $150 gift card. So it is really $109 for the 175. That makes it $10 less than Last Chance. Of course you are committing $150 to future purchases to do it.
    yup, gimmicks that suck you in Pat...

Hahaha I hear ya Hawgz. They won't be getting my money. I was just curious how many members here are spending over $100 on a single lure. Maybe DarkShadow? Anyway my limit is around the cost of a new Producer, and even then maybe once a year or so. $14 for a lucky craft is about my limit normally.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast