Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10-2 Perris Toad

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    If your going to fish the levee walls tight be aware of the wake from traffic as some very big boats and fast boats put up some big wakes. If you fish the Sacramento or San Joaquin river channel the big boats and ocean going freighters put up a 4 to 6 foot wake and will put you up on the levee or wipe you out if your are running hard and fast, they are hard to see and do not white cap. On Sunday a speed boat tried to pass a big yacht and started to loose it and the three of us were trying to decide which side of the boat to bail from as it got too close for comfort.
    For sure Dev, I thought we were gonna get hit. That boat was going too fast for all the cross wake and got all squirrelly right in front of us...

Nice fish Trout, bet that made a big grin appear. I'll be so glad when this back heals and and I can get back out there. Sounds like the bite everywhere is going off and I cant even get outta the house sigh :-)

Wurz

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Smart move, it'll make your life much easier but don't fall into the trap of staying in one place or area too long, keep moving, keep marking and keep going back until you find the bite. There is soooo much to cover. Don't know where you're launching but Disappointment slough put out the pigs and word from others is Discovery Bay put out big numbers while we were up there. You guys are going to have a blast and you will be blown away by the vastness of the fishery. Looking forward to your post.

Oh and beware, your eyes will pop out and you will not be able to remove your smile for days. Also heads up for underwater lower unit biters. Your fine in the channels, just be alert when real close to the weedlines...
    Lol I'm looking forward to it. And thanks for the heads up on underwater units biters. I did a havasu trip in April and ran into a underwater wall that was
    just 6-10" under water.We just hit the end of it and was lucky nothing major happen. At least nothing to my lower unit or prop damage. My hull
    however ended up with 3 nice chips. I fixed all 3 of them with bondo and touch up paint. We were going trolling speed too so could have been worst. Not even one
    single Warning sign or bouy around for a heads up!!!!

My original plan was to go out to Lake powell and I changed my mind 3 weeks ago. I think the Distance for the Delta is a good warm up drive for me.
    Powell Is a for sure a trip for next year. Have you guys been there?

Disappointment is one of my stops for saturday. Fri I'm launching out of Tiki Lagun and fishing a lot of spots south/west from there. Discovery bay happens to also be an area
    that I'll be making a stop. I'm thinking 1:30-2hrs spent at each slough/spot and move on unless of course we run into a hot bite.
    Sat I'm launching out of Kings Island and fishing Whiskey, Disappointment, White, Sycamore & islemouth. Same deal spend, 1:30-2:30hrs at each spot and go. I pretty much
    made a schedule and marked all these locations on my gps already. Gotta love Google maps =)
    I hear you guys about the big wakes which is why I never planned on hitting it up the main river due to the traffic and big boats.
    Last edited by troutsniffer; 10-04-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwurzel View Post
    Nice fish Trout, bet that made a big grin appear. I'll be so glad when this back heals and and I can get back out there. Sounds like the bite everywhere is going off and I cant even get outta the house sigh :-)

Wurz
    Thank you, It sure did. 3 weeks of no fishing seems like months went by I wanted to go back out today with another buddy of mine but it's just to darn HOTTTTTTTTT!

Fish the ends/points of the islands at Discovery depending on the tide. Tons of fish on the docks at Discovery, nothing of any great size though. Be watchful of bait fish present. If it is bright and sunny punch the heavy weeds deep with a minimum 1 1/2 ounce punch weight. I have over 70 2 oz custom made ones if you need to buy some before you go. Last year we could not find and 1 1/2 oz or larger anywhere. Don't be afraid to cast into openings in the tules as the tules always hold fish, tules with rocks are even better.

Custom Punching Weights.

Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 10-04-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Those look great! I'm a bit late but my buddy could have used some of these. Guy looking for tungstens at the last minute! smh... He lives out in Norwalk or I would tell him about these.
    Me, I have them from 1/2oz to 1-1/2oz both with skirts and non. Thanks Devo. I'll keep you guys posted on this weekend

Good luck and hit it hard, don't stay in one place to long if there not hitting and don't be afraid to change techniques or colors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12