Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-2 Perris Toad

Default 10-2 Perris Toad

Went out with my good friend Dave yesterday and had a pretty good day of fishing. We landed 25, most of them good size and 1 nice chunker.
    Maybe 7-9 cranking and the rest on plastics. C-rigs were doing it for us. What a big difference in water level the lake has gone down since I was last there
    Felt good to be back on the water after 3 weeks though.

Towards the end of our day Dave messed with my idle and got my boat ready for my Delta trip next week for my bday!

Way to go my man!!! Nice fish there! I wish I could have joined you on that Delta trip. I'm sure you will tear it up! HMU when you get back!

Nice fish! We just got back from the Delta a couple of days ago. Is this your first trip there? PM me if you want some intell...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Nice fish! We just got back from the Delta a couple of days ago. Is this your first trip there? PM me if you want some intell...
    Thanks and yes this will be my 1st trip to the Delta HawgZ. Thanks for the offer and I appreciate it bud But I really like to do it on my own. It's more rewarding to me this way, even if it's not
    a great day. Like when I went to BB a few weeks ago and Castaic a few months ago. Just showed up and looked for them and paid off with great trips.

The plan is to launch from 2 different locations fri/sat and fish half day sunday at whichever area we end up with more hook ups.
    How did you do out there? Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Just read it, very cool report, And even more cool when it's a group of 3. Where was the water temp at?

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    Just read it, very cool report, And even more cool when it's a group of 3. Where was the water temp at?
    Look again, there's more pics. Water temps were between 72-74. I admire your attitude towards doing it on your own, I'm like that too. It's the hunt, not the catch. Just know that you are facing 2,000 miles of water where every inch of it looks Bassy, but not all of it holds pigs at any given time. So many variables play into the bite and it doesn't fish like our reservoirs down here at all. But I guarantee you that you will catch fish. Good luck up there...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Look again, there's more pics. Water temps were between 72-74. I admire your attitude towards doing it on your own, I'm like that too. It's the hunt, not the catch. Just know that you are facing 2,000 miles of water where every inch of it looks Bassy, but not all of it holds pigs at any given time. So many variables play into the bite and it doesn't fish like our reservoirs down here at all. But I guarantee you that you will catch fish. Good luck up there...
    Thanks I'll deff post up a report when I get back.

I did see your shots, awesome pictures. This is also going to be a 3 guy trip. Both launch spots are 20 mins away from where I'm staying. So noooooo,
    I'm not planing on going any further then 4 miles from where we launch each day. Def want to keep it safe, you never know. I have a good gps and
    even bought a Talon for this trip a few days ago. I tried it out at Perris and it def is a great tool to have on any rig. Got the 12footer

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    Thanks I'll deff post up a report when I get back.

I did see your shots, awesome pictures. This is also going to be a 3 guy trip. Both launch spots are 20 mins away from where I'm staying. So noooooo,
    I'm not planing on going any further then 4 miles from where we launch each day. Def want to keep it safe, you never know. I have a good gps and
    even bought a Talon for this trip a few days ago. I tried it out at Perris and it def is a great tool to have on any rig. Got the 12footer
    Smart move, it'll make your life much easier but don't fall into the trap of staying in one place or area too long, keep moving, keep marking and keep going back until you find the bite. There is soooo much to cover. Don't know where you're launching but Disappointment slough put out the pigs and word from others is Discovery Bay put out big numbers while we were up there. You guys are going to have a blast and you will be blown away by the vastness of the fishery. Looking forward to your post.

Oh and beware, your eyes will pop out and you will not be able to remove your smile for days. Also heads up for underwater lower unit biters. Your fine in the channels, just be alert when real close to the weedlines...

If your going to fish the levee walls tight be aware of the wake from traffic as some very big boats and fast boats put up some big wakes. If you fish the Sacramento or San Joaquin river channel the big boats and ocean going freighters put up a 4 to 6 foot wake and will put you up on the levee or wipe you out if your are running hard and fast, they are hard to see and do not white cap. On Sunday a speed boat tried to pass a big yacht and started to loose it and the three of us were trying to decide which side of the boat to bail from as it got too close for comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast