Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Flipping

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    F.Y.I. That's pitching not flipping, just sayin. Flipping is done with reel in gear and one hand on the line , better for heavy cover and dirty water. Pitching is a controlled underhanded cast like you were doing.
    Lol I was just about to say this..

btw, if you want to pitch better, hold the lure more firmly and kinda tug on it, imagine it like a bow and arrow. Done properly, you can skip a lure with amazing finesse.

I didn't know people were going to be so critical about the terms I used. Like I said this is the first time I've ever pitched or flipped. Everyone I know that's been fishing for 20+ years just call it flipping.

All I try to do is come on here and post some videos of my fishing ventures or your entertainment, and yet people have to complain about something. There's too many of you around on these sites. All I want to do is share my knowledge and what I do to catch fish and how I did it.

I'm not like most anglers that have their secret spots and baits and don't want to share anything. All they do is come on here and troll everyone else's post and then complain or have to be a critic.

BucketFishing you can call your style anything you want in my book. You got on fish and that's what counts regardless of the technique you used or what it's called. Thanks for putting up the video. Tight lines!!!

Take no offense , I didn't mean it that way. I am a huge fan of both , but they are different tactics and should both be learned .

Quote Originally Posted by BucketFishing View Post
    I didn't know people were going to be so critical about the terms I used. Like I said this is the first time I've ever pitched or flipped. Everyone I know that's been fishing for 20+ years just call it flipping.

All I try to do is come on here and post some videos of my fishing ventures or your entertainment, and yet people have to complain about something. There's too many of you around on these sites. All I want to do is share my knowledge and what I do to catch fish and how I did it.

I'm not like most anglers that have their secret spots and baits and don't want to share anything. All they do is come on here and troll everyone else's post and then complain or have to be a critic.
    Lol somebody's vagina has sand in it.

And who nets a fish and then sits right down? Probably couldn't wait to start dragging again.

Quote Originally Posted by BucketFishing View Post

Relax- there was nothing negative in his tone; words matter and if you're going to discuss technique it's best if everybody understands the terminology- nice job out there; live and learn.

i usually call them both flippin as well. i know they are different but they usually go hand in hand with me. i usually pitch at the outside stuff from farther out and if i get no action or after i have worked the entire outside of the mat or tule patch i will move in closer for some flippin into the heart of that nasty stuff. i used to live on the river but on the california side...i lived with a flippin stick in my hands...until i moved closer to DVL and Perris, i never owned anything like a spinning rod. give me a broomstick and some braid!

yes technically the way he was casting was called pitching, and there is a casting technique called flipping, but everyone who fishes heavy cover that I know calls that style of fishing "flipping" no matter what casting technique they use. that said there is one major advantage to flipping over pitching, and that is that the reel is in gear. so quicker hooksets. pitching though lets you get the bait out further without having 10ft of line wrapping around your hand. both useful techniques to know.

come to think of it StrayCat maybe you should write the reel manufactures and let them know that their "flipping version" reels should actually be called "pitching versions" lol

Y'all left out "Punching".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast