Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: "Trophy" Koi

Default "Trophy" Koi

This is pretty cool. This lady angler caught this pretty Koi at a park lake, measured it and had a photo taken, released the fish back into the lake unharmed, then contacted a skilled taxidermist (can't say who) and had this very well crafted replica mount made! Since then, several other fishermen have caught this same fish. It would be quite a conversation piece to have on your den wall..

There used to be a guy on this forum, that would fish at certain un-named local parks, that always caught giant carp and koi fish. He posted pics of himself holding them up, but you never could see his entire face, just his sunglasses. I was thinking of that guy when I posted this.. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    There used to be a guy on this forum, that would fish at certain un-named local parks, that always caught giant carp and koi fish. He posted pics of himself holding them up, but you never could see his entire face, just his sunglasses. I was thinking of that guy when I posted this.. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

I believe I know who you are talking about I haven't seen him on the forum but met him in person a couple of times. Is he a short, old, white guy and does he fish in OC

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post

I believe I know who you are talking about I haven't seen him on the forum but met him in person a couple of times. Is he a short, old, white guy and does he fish in OC
    He gave me some advice that helped me land carp bigger than this one

No, the guy I'm thinking of is not old, and I think he is hispanic. Hey if you catch and release, you should not use a rough nylon net, and don't put the fish down on the sand. I know it's just a carp, but hey, that could be a poor man's tarpon!

No, the guy I'm thinking of is not old, and I think he is hispanic. Hey if you catch and release, you should not use a rough nylon net, and don't put the fish down on the sand. I know it's just a carp, but hey, that could be a poor man's tarpon!
    Yes I do, but if you are fishing for carp you need to use a big landing net if its big like this one. I didn't have a choice about the sand the whole place is sand. Ill invest in a mesh net next time.

Cool mount for sure,I happen to own many koi,some are very special to me,never thought of having a mount made,intresting,hmmm..

Cya Tuna Vic

Sounds like Carpinator...
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...071#post707071

Great mount btw, thank you for sharing your skills here on FNN!

TD