Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Sierras

Default High Sierras

Hit up the Sierras with the Grand Slam on my mind. Wanted to get it pretty bad so set up some hike in trips. Had good luck. The June loop was real slow and the water is way down at all the lakes. Had the best luck at Little V, Kirman, and Walker. The hike in lakes were worth every step.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grand slam.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	45103  

Glad to hear the trip was a success sad to hear that june loop isnt fishing well. We will be up there at the end of the month. Hopefully it will pick up a bit. I saw some nice fish caught out of silver Lake on their website. Maybe those people just got lucky

Nice pics, were heading up in about 4-5 hours from now, get out with the buds for our annual trip. Hopefully we'll have some what of a report in a few days. We're actually stopping by the loop. Thanks for your report.

Great pix as always! Going up next week to try out the Owens. Which was your plastics of choice? Pink Moone's were hot for me last year as well as Sierra Slammers. And I fished them the way you showed me.

Nice feesh TD...The hike alone is worth it. Glad you got on em...so is the golden next?? lol

I'm headed off to Kirman later this week. What were they biting on there?

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    Great pix as always! Going up next week to try out the Owens. Which was your plastics of choice? Pink Moone's were hot for me last year as well as Sierra Slammers. And I fished them the way you showed me.
    Dan I was using smokin jigz in red, white, cricket, and black. minnows, worms, and paddle tails all were getting fish.

Basshole

Do some research on Kirman. They have a natural scud population here. replicate their food and you get on fish. i threw jigs, worms, paddle tails, and other smokin jigz plastics in several colors

POM, I need the golden. Later this month.......

Great trip and pic's!!! Can't wait to get up there.... not to rain on your parade but pic 3 is not a cutty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast