Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: How's the fishing in Anacapa island been?

Default How's the fishing in Anacapa island been?

Thinking of heading out to Anacapa this weekend. I've never fished Anacapa is it worth the trip? I'm looking to catch some yellowtails, reds, lings or sheepshead. Does this place have good fishing areas for these types of fish? Or do I even have to go out to Anacapa island to find these type of fish. Any advice will be helpful.

i am also headed out there. i plan to fish the south side of the island for rockfish and then the gap for some ling. i will get a few sand dabs close to gina and use them for lings. if you like i will chat you up on the radio out there.

I know that just a little south from the east end of the island there is some good structure down there and weve pulled some monster salmon groupers out of there. deep water though 350-400 ft

Billy I'll be there Sunday from 6am-11am before the winds kick up. Let me know when and what times you'll be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    I know that just a little south from the east end of the island there is some good structure down there and weve pulled some monster salmon groupers out of there. deep water though 350-400 ft
    You can't fish that deep.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/faq.asp

onelik,
    i'll be there about 6. i launch from channel islands harbor. ( much easier ride home than ventura).i'll monitor channel 16.

Biily, I'll be in a blue and white Crestliner sportfish. I'll be launching from same spot around the same time. How's the ride Usually from anacapa back to Channel Islands?

the ride home is usually sweet with the swell on your stern and a nice tailwind.