Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Pyramid Lake, Nv Opener ?'s

Default 2014 Pyramid Lake, Nv Opener ?'s

Howdy howdy fellow anglers. I'll be in Reno this week for work and was informed by my trout sensei FSHNLIC that the opener is on Ocotber 1st....I've never been there before and was curious if any fellow FNNer's had any tips or pointers for a fresh one. I was planning on fishing the sierras on the way back, however after hearing and seeing nothing but great things, I may switch it up. I'll be armed with both a spinning and a fly outfit along with waders...no ladder tho lol...any intel is much appreciated. Cheers errrbody!

-Dave

I didn't know that there was a season there. I always thought fishing was year round there. I do know that spring is the best time for shore fishing. Summer time the fish move deep. They may be coming up now though. We have a trip planned next april

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    I didn't know that there was a season there. I always thought fishing was year round there. I do know that spring is the best time for shore fishing. Summer time the fish move deep. They may be coming up now though. We have a trip planned next april
    Thanks simijab...apparently there's two strains of cutties in there that have different seasonal patterns. I'm hoping with the closure, they're pushing the bait to the bank for us shore anglers. Hopefully I'll have a report with some pics to follow. thanks again and gluck next april.

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Thanks simijab...apparently there's two strains of cutties in there that have different seasonal patterns. I'm hoping with the closure, they're pushing the bait to the bank for us shore anglers. Hopefully I'll have a report with some pics to follow. thanks again and gluck next april.
    I did the opener last year we fished pelican and popcorn both and caught fish at both. No giants but 3-6lbers. I fished all the bullshit everyone says to use like the spoons and the big stupid beetle thing for nothing on opening day. Day 2 busted out my phoenixs with 2lb threw mini jigs all day as well as drug plastics around and smashed 'em. Everyone told me I couldn't land fish in pyrAmid on 2lb from my tube. F them !!!! I hooked one fish close to the rocks and got sawed off but who knows don't waste a bunch of effort the fish will be deep with a few stragglers kinda close to shore. In my opinion your way better off hitting sierras.pyrAmid won't be worth fishing from shore till atleast Xmas if not new years.

Good info Vegas. I always planned on using minijigs and similar stuff that you used. Im guess the water surface temp stays pretty warm then if your saying it wont be good till December. Do you happen to know how busy it is in late March early april

Definitely post a report man. This place is a bucket list item for me

Quote Originally Posted by vegas fish slayer View Post
    I did the opener last year we fished pelican and popcorn both and caught fish at both. No giants but 3-6lbers. I fished all the bullshit everyone says to use like the spoons and the big stupid beetle thing for nothing on opening day. Day 2 busted out my phoenixs with 2lb threw mini jigs all day as well as drug plastics around and smashed 'em. Everyone told me I couldn't land fish in pyrAmid on 2lb from my tube. F them !!!! I hooked one fish close to the rocks and got sawed off but who knows don't waste a bunch of effort the fish will be deep with a few stragglers kinda close to shore. In my opinion your way better off hitting sierras.pyrAmid won't be worth fishing from shore till atleast Xmas if not new years.
    Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    Definitely post a report man. This place is a bucket list item for me
    Thanks Vegas, that helps ease the pain...Unfortunately works called and I had to pass on the opener. Luckily I got air miles racked up and I can fly out later in the season...only 45 minutes from the airport!! If you want bucket list, check out the giant brownies in Michigan...Gluck

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...77431-brownies

Thanks Vegas, that helps ease the pain...Unfortunately works called and I had to pass on the opener. Luckily I got air miles racked up and I can fly out later in the season...only 45 minutes from the airport!! If you want bucket list, check out the giant brownies in Michigan...Gluck

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...77431-brownies
    yeah i read your report when you went last year or whenever it was. Ive wanted to go there since I saw Mike Iaconelli do a show theres 3 or 4 years ago

Blockhouse beach goes out shallow about 6 ft and then its an instant drop off, i have been there on a boat its 70+++++++ ft in the drop off....

best summer time shore spot for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast