Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone National Park

Awesome man. We were supposed to go there this last summer but didn't make it this year. I haven't been in 30 years and my wife has never been there. Hopefully next year

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I have to know?? Photography is my main hobby. Is it cell phone or camera ? Which ever they are great work.
    OPF,

I am a big fan of the Canon AF1 and used that setup for decades, growing up taking photos back in the day. When you used to shoot film, it was very important to get your shots framed correctly, or else you'd be eating ramen having to get new 35mm film for your shots. That's the problem with digital. Any person can shoot 1000 shots and have 1 come out well, and that shot is enough to prevent them from learning the art. (Gotta love those dead fish sink shots.)

Having been forced to think before you snap a picture, my shots now are still based on the basic tenets of photography. The great thing is that now, I can make a mistake and still snap a second shot, or third. But the basics are still necessary, which is why I still love people who snap photos of fish in their sink, or dead on a stringer. Seriously? You couldn't snap a picture when it was still alive?

The problem now, is that even my belt buckle has a camera, so the shots of dead fish on a stringer are very easy to come by.

I try to do the opposite.

I'm using a mirrorless Nikon at this point, as DSLR is going the way of the dinosaur. (Yes, sorry for those who just bought one, but it is.) It's funny how a 500 dollar camera is doing the same thing as a 2000 dollar DSLR. Mirrorless is the way to go. If you are serious about your photo hobby, you should take a look at mirrorless cameras, as they are the new foundation to the future of cameras.

DSLRs are extinct, even though nobody wants to admit it. But I still love those sink and driveway shots! Keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

DSLRs are extinct, even though nobody wants to admit it. But I still love those sink and driveway shots! Keep 'em coming.
    No question DSLRs will *eventually* become surpassed by mirrorless, especially for consumer-grade cameras, but having played with a few mirrorless cameras, for now I'll stick to my T5i. Mirrorless cameras are just too slow for me, I like the instantaneous <CLICK> and knowing my photo has just been captured. Plus I like looking through optical viewfinders, though I recognize that's probably just a habit from the past.

Absolutely stunning DS....maybe the best photos ive seen posted since I've registered... same thing happens when I go out backpacking, fishing oriented at first than forgotten when enjoying the beauty of ma nature....Thanks for taking us along. Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    WOW...those are some really amazing photos. That last one you took is INCREDIBLE. What kind of camera were you using?
    basshole1,

My outfit consists of 2 cameras, one mirrorless, the other a DSLR

1. Nikon 1 J4 w/ 3 Nikkor 1 lenses, VR 10-30 mm, VR 30-110mm, 10-100mm f/4.0-5.6 VR
    2. Canon OS 7D EF-S w/ 18-135mm IS Lens Kit

I used the Nikon more than the Canon, simply because it was easier to pack along during longer hikes, and for these scenic shots, it performed pretty well. The DSLR was used more shooting from the car since the shutter speed is faster than the mirrorless.

I still haven't downloaded the pictures from the Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Absolutely stunning DS....maybe the best photos ive seen posted since I've registered... same thing happens when I go out backpacking, fishing oriented at first than forgotten when enjoying the beauty of ma nature....Thanks for taking us along. Cheers!!!
    Thanks for the kind words! It was a trip of a lifetime, and there will be PLENTY more of those in my life. With what I know now, I can craft a legitimate itinerary instead of just winging it like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    No question DSLRs will *eventually* become surpassed by mirrorless, especially for consumer-grade cameras, but having played with a few mirrorless cameras, for now I'll stick to my T5i. Mirrorless cameras are just too slow for me, I like the instantaneous <CLICK> and knowing my photo has just been captured. Plus I like looking through optical viewfinders, though I recognize that's probably just a habit from the past.
    shinbob,

I should've added that DSLRs will still be used by professional photographers unless something drastically changes in the technology, mostly for the reason you mention above. Nothing can beat their FPS, autofocus and read/write speeds. What I meant to say is that DSLRs will move towards a more demanding niche market, as opposed to a general common-man consumer item. You'll still see DSLRs (and all their glass) dominating the sidelines at sports events, and quite honesty, if the market continues to trend towards a cheaper full-frame DSLR, I probably will be buying one for certain type of shooting.

I carried both the Nikon mirrorless and my trusty Canon during the trip, and you should've seen the glances I got from both the Nikon camp and the Canon camp, as apparently having a Nikon and a Canon strapped to me was heresy.

I actually didn't mind the EVF on the Nikon to tell you the truth. It is kinda weird not looking through the glass like my Canon, but I found it easier to frame my shots.

I Have two Nikons, a D7100 and a full frame D610 they are both so fast. Just got a new Nikkor 24-70 mm lens f/2.8 that lens kicks butt. Thanks for the reply DS.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    ... and a full frame D610.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yeah! They are both awesome But $$$$

This whole report is bull$h!+! I call Photoshop!!! Everyone knows trouts that size don't exist anywheres any more!!!

What color power bait was working the best? Did you use sauce?

Any jig fish?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast