Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lobstering 9/28

Default Lobstering 9/28

Had the chance to make it out opening weekend. Got to the launch ramp around 5pm and in the water by 5:15. Headed to my spots and there were a few boats around. Dropped my pots and let the wait begin. Sunset was around 7pm and the tide swing started at 7pm so the timing worked out well, although the swell was not a big swing, it was ok. During the wait, fished a bit and caught a nice mix of calicos, sand bass, and other randoms. The crawl started around 8pm and was a steady pick. finished my limits of 14 and off the water by 10pm. Pretty good day... The size were a bit on the smaller side with one big one around 6-7 pounds. Rest were 2 pounders and a few over legal.

Last edited by flyhigh123; 09-29-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Nice!!! seems like I need to get on a boat everyone i know got there limit on boats and for everyone else on the pier like me didnt really get nothing thank for the report
    Last edited by fishing_freak; 09-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_freak View Post
    Nice!!! seems like I need to get on a boat everyone i know got there limit on boats and for everyone else on the pier like me didnt really get nothing thank for the report
    its hard from the pier... because lots of people are illegally taking lobsters all year round... i;ve seen them, hooping for "crabs" and when they get a lobster, they rip the tail off and hide it...

the gailforce should be starting their hooping trips soon.

FIsh & Game (err "Wildlife" - I guess Game would denote killing) needs to patrol the piers more often. Honestly, I don't think they want to nail those law-breakers. It's a shame because those of us who pay into the system, suffer the consequences.

I guess it is time I finally put some effort into this lobster hunt> I should never have let my wife see these pics. lol

Nice! 14 bugs in a few hours....sounds good to me!