Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: HG6- Another Epic Event.

Default HG6- Another Epic Event.

I must first say another big thank you to Arthur and the rest of the SWAT crew who I know put a lot into putting on such a awesome event. Your work is appreciated! I picked up my boy Rooster, and Tootie at 3:45 am lol. Yeah we got to the site at 4:15 but we were meeting someone there to grab some stuff we needed. We were so stoked to be back at this event and I was ready for my first fishing in 2 1/2 months since having surgery. Woohoo, ready to hit the sand!

Trolly comes up to us before sign in and tells us it is on and the fish are hitting. Sweet! Got my LC on and ready to roll. The morning was on fire and it was clear that this was not gonna be a perchfest this year. Within 5 minutes Rooster and I were pulling in several different species and the bonito were boiling on bait fish. My first fish of the day was a bonito on the LC. Sweet new species from the surf for me which was the first of a few to come in for us. Rooster was throwing the perch crack and was getting several species on that as well and was definitely pulling in more fish faster than me but I was throwing the LC and sticking with it! Lol All in all we beached barred surf perch, bonito, yellowfin croaker, mackerel, smelt, and
    Rooster with a Tom Cod. Epic fishing I tell ya.

But in all reality, the fishing was a blast but it was such a small part of the overall day. The real reason to go is to hang out with a bunch of great anglers who all see the vision of what it is really about. Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing. I know Dana was looking down on us this day. The winds that were forcasted stayed away and it was a spectacular day. The old friends that we got to see and the new friends that were made on this day was what "It" is about! Every year I walk away from this event feeling better for being there and can't wait until the next year.

The grub was great and the conversation was even better! You can't put this day into words really, but trust me, it you weren't there you definitely missed out!
    Thanks to all that came out and made this day so special!

PROUD TO BE TEAM 57!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 09-29-2014 at 08:33 AM.

That was the best time I have had in months! Great people , food & fishing! So glad you finally got a line wet after all those months of being laid up and watching the grass grow Can't wait to get out there again and try out those sweet SWAT Grunion LC's. Thanks to all the SWAT members for making me & my crew feel like family! It won't ever be forgotten!

Smile

When I first pulled up to the event location at 5:15am... I was thinking to myself "I bet Dan and Rob are already here..."

I'm so glad that you were able to recover enough to make it. The ocean and surf does wonders for your health and well being.

Watching your guys laughing and catching fish brought a big smile to my face.

Thanks again for your support and most of all, for not only understanding Dana's philosophy, but to live it!

Glad you were able to make it out. It was an amazing day. I was a little worried cuz that beach was kinda dead for a stretch a few weeks before the event but it sure did come to life at the right time!. The variety was unreal. Not sure we can duplicate that kind of production again but we'll sure keep tryin'!

Till next time...
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    When I first pulled up to the event location at 5:15am... I was thinking to myself "I bet Dan and Rob are already here..."

I'm so glad that you were able to recover enough to make it. The ocean and surf does wonders for your health and well being.

Watching your guys laughing and catching fish brought a big smile to my face.

Thanks again for your support and most of all, for not only understanding Dana's philosophy, but to live it!
    Thanks Arthur, we look forward to this event every year. The fishing is a bonus but the real prize is enjoying all of the comradarie of everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Glad you were able to make it out. It was an amazing day. I was a little worried cuz that beach was kinda dead for a stretch a few weeks before the event but it sure did come to life at the right time!. The variety was unreal. Not sure we can duplicate that kind of production again but we'll sure keep tryin'!

Till next time...
    Don
    Thanks Don, it was an amazing day for all! The fishing was good too.
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 10-01-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Way to go! I

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    ... The grub was great and the conversation was even better! You can't put this day into words really, but trust me, it you weren't there you definitely missed out!. Thanks to all that came out and made this day so special!
    I absolutely agree with you!!! I wish we got a chance to meet in person. I hope that someday maybe before HG7 we do.

take care,

Nick