Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** Trout Season Preview 2014-2015 - A trip to Calaveras Trout Farm!! ***

Default *** Trout Season Preview 2014-2015 - A trip to Calaveras Trout Farm!! ***

Good morning anglers,

I am so excited for the 2014/2015 Trout Season. Kewly and I just returned from Calaveras Trout Farm and brought you back pics and video of whats to come this season!
    As always Tim Goodman and his crew at Calaveras has done an amazing job raising beautiful, hard-fighting Trout for Irvine Lake anglers.
    The clear cold river water gives these Trout perfect conditions to be raised into hearty fighting, great tasting trout.
    The entire Calaveras hatchery is fed by the fresh cold Merced River that flows down from McClure Lake in from Yosemite.

Runways full of Irvine Lake Trout for the upcoming Trout Season!

This season Calaveras has double the amount of Browns that will be ready to ship this season along with Brooks, Steelheads and of course, monster Rainbows!...

Male Hookjaw Brown Trout

Female Brown Trout

Brook Trout

Monster Rainbow being shown

These Trophy Trout will Cya 2015!

One of the best parts of going to the Trout Farm is visiting the hatchery where all the baby trout are being raised for future stockings.
    If you recall last season we told you that Tim purchased eggs that would be our version of the golden trout that everyone seems to love.
    The interesting part is that these trout that are now about 8" inches long and maybe 1/2 lb are snowy white!
    Some of them are speckled with black dots that make them almost look like Coi. Check out the under water video and tell us what you think?

Click the link below to see video of just one of the runways filled with Irvine Lake trout.
    http://youtu.be/H7iYwp9vGOg

Click link below to see video of Irvine/Calaveras Gold Trout swimming with Brook, Rainbow, Brown fry
    http://youtu.be/HBGK_Og3RKI

We hope you enjoy the pics and are as excited as we are for the upcoming trout season!

For VIP Day reservation, please call and ask for Daniela - Irvine Lake Manager 714.649.9111 ext 1

From Daniela and Kewly, See you at The Opener~!

www.IrvineLake.net

Wow I can't wait to fish the Vine a whole lot more this year! Can't wait for the season to begin.

Love the pics and video!

Those new trout are sweet looking.
    Can't wait for cooler weather and hopefully some rain.
    Bring on trout season!

It looks like another great trout season is in store for Irvine Lake anglers....see you at the lake!

TD

wow good news Cant wait to fish the vine!
    Quick question how is the water level ?

Due to employment and available money these past four years I have not been able to do any trout fishing. I hope to be able to get in a couple of visits to Irvine this year. It will be my first time fishing at Irvine. These pictures only make me want to find a way to get there even more.

this is great news, looking forward to the opener

Awesome, cant wait, VIP tournament, see you guys there!!

Tony G

Team 57 will be in full action at each tourney !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast