Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 9/20-9/21 Mile Square

Default 9/20-9/21 Mile Square

Went to Mile Square again this past weekend.

9/20

Arrived at small lake and 30 mins in got a hookup! Decent fight and amazing display of acrobatic jumps from the fish. So amazing that I just stopped reeling and watched it jump and spit out my lure. About 30 mins later I got another hookup and it was a small one. It jumped everywhere until it went into grass/algae which dislodged my lure and lost the fish. One hour later no more bites so I took a break and caught some blue gills. When it hit 11 am, I went to the bigger lake and fished near the island. Saw a bass jump under a tree's branch at the island so I cast right under that same spot and few reel in, I set the hook. Caught it!

9/21

Arrived at the small lake and as I just got there my brother caught a bass. He said a bigger bass was following the one he caught so I said "Oh? I'll find it" First cast in, thought I felt something but could've been a branch or something... Cast again and caught a nice size bass! Very good fight. Comparing the size of it to my rod's handle(16") I am guessing its about 18"+? Didn't get any other bites. Left at 11.

https://imgur.com/a/H9vAk
    Last edited by dinosorcerer; 09-22-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Nice bass I have been trying to get to that lake for awhile now hopefully I will get there soon. Thanks for sharing.
    @bassinthehood