Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers future and NFL officiating

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    I have to disagree with you. we out played Dallas all game due to us not even scoring second half so that was a W that wasn't even close
    The bears game was different and our secondary got pounded, we actually came out swinging and I predicted scoring 40 + points because the bears running defense is (was) last in the league but brush that off
    Arizona game we came out swinging once again but if you play sports and the reffs get to you trust me they get to you
    but we cant blame that AZ game on the reffs because we did recover a fumble with 4 minutes left.
    Last season we went 1-2 because we played horrible and this season we were close and we should've won
    Believe me... I was pissed at those back to back horrible calls too... I just think that the self inflicted wounds were what hurt them more.

Good teams minimize those things. I think they'll get there... They just better hurry up! It's not gonna be easy.

All that being said... Go Niners.

One thing for sure. Those fans on Facebook sure are Quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by dk4885 View Post
    One thing for sure. Those fans on Facebook sure are Quiet.
    Those are the bandwagon fans... Right there in your face and annoying as hell when their team is doing good but are nowhere to be found if they lose.

Wish I could say Niner fans are not like that but EVERY team has them.

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    Niners are ALOT closer to 0-3 than they are to 3-0. The Dallas game went exactly like the two losses but Romo threw those 2nd half picks (1 of them a gift in the end zone) to save the Niners.

Niners have the talent to turn it around but they just aren't a good team right now and you cant blame the refs. Everybody has bad calls go against them. Niners have no discipline whatsoever! Boldin hurt the team more with that head butt than the refs hurt them. For him it was more important to get back at the opposing player than to win the game.

Niners have consistenly had penalties ( legit ones ) prolong other teams drives on 3rd down this year... Lack of discipline. Then you have guys like Ahmad Brooks who gets 1 or 2 hands to face penalties per game. Lack of dicsipline. Culliver gets flagged for talking ***** after giving up an 8 yd completion... Lack of discipline.

Harbaugh isnt turning anything around. The players arent listening to him so they have to do it themselves. Scary thing thing is... It starts with the leaders and Boldin is one of the supposed leaders.

I hope they can turn it around or its gonna be a looooong winter!

You're exactly right City Dad... But do you have to call Harbaugh a D!ck?

Next thing you know there will be a low quality video on FNN with Harbs at the wheel... driving down some dirt road, admitting that he's a d!ck, but totally denying any fault for other offenses that have already been PROVEN and documented.

I've seen enough of that on this site lately... Just sayin!
    WTF?

Low blow

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    Those are the bandwagon fans... Right there in your face and annoying as hell when their team is doing good but are nowhere to be found if they lose.

Wish I could say Niner fans are not like that but EVERY team has them.
    True but they aren't as annoying as 9er band wagoneers

Actually Seattle bandwagon fans are really annoying!
    I have to say 80% of their fan base is a bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    WTF?

Low blow

I don't officiate football but I do ref basketball and some baseball. Regardless, the mindset is all the same. The biggest issue with NFL officiating is that the league has made it a point of emphasis to protect players (most notably the quarterback). Because this position has been taken the players and refs are having to adapt. You have players who have played a certain way all their lives who are now forced to change techniques. Then you have the refs who are being asked to make extremely hard judgement calls while being consistent with what everyone else is calling. Not that you don't this already but these refs are obviously the best of the best. So to call them terrible or whatever is just a poor way of looking at it because this is who they have to officiate. The biggest issue with officiating so far this year, besides the missed calls which are going to happen always, has been the consistency. One game the refs will call illegal contact by the defense very strictly and in another game if you so much as breathe on the offensive player it is a flag. Players are going to adapt. It may take time. But one thing is for certain and that is the refs need to be more consistent so the players can understand what they can and cannot do. I have played and reffed sports. Therefore I have seen both sides and the most frustrating thing as player to come across is whenever you feel there is alack of consistency.

As to the Niners. They are going to be fine. It may take a while but they have too much talent on offense to not succeed eventually. To what level their success goes to is unknown at this point. I will say this though. The niners defense needs to find a way to get more pressure on the quarterback. I don't care if you are Tom Brady or Drew Stanton, if you have all day in the pocket then you are going to be successful. Niner fans just sit back and relax. Things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Actually Seattle bandwagon fans are really annoying!
    I have to say 80% of their fan base is a bandwagon
    If the 49r's would actually win another Superbowl there would be just as many annoying bandwagon 49r fans as Seattle currently has. By the way you have to be talking about out of state bandwagon fans cause if you have any connections to the Seattle area you would realize that the word bandwagon does not apply, that area has some of the most passionate fans in the country good or bad going to see a game up there is a great experience!

There is nothing special about 49r fans, nothing better nothing worse just fans.
    Last edited by seal; 09-23-2014 at 08:00 AM.

You do have a point there and I respect the fact that you have played and officiated sports ! I myself play football & basketball so I know how it feels when reffs aren't going your way or being consistent ! it ticks me off knowing that football is being changed due to "protecting" the players! There is a saying "if you don't want to get hurt don't play this sport"! Might as well not have a running back throw 5 receivers out there and throw the ball up every time & expect a flag coming.

Once Aldon smith and Navarro bowman are back it's game on' can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by rip-bait View Post
    I don't officiate football but I do ref basketball and some baseball. Regardless, the mindset is all the same. The biggest issue with NFL officiating is that the league has made it a point of emphasis to protect players (most notably the quarterback). Because this position has been taken the players and refs are having to adapt. You have players who have played a certain way all their lives who are now forced to change techniques. Then you have the refs who are being asked to make extremely hard judgement calls while being consistent with what everyone else is calling. Not that you don't this already but these refs are obviously the best of the best. So to call them terrible or whatever is just a poor way of looking at it because this is who they have to officiate. The biggest issue with officiating so far this year, besides the missed calls which are going to happen always, has been the consistency. One game the refs will call illegal contact by the defense very strictly and in another game if you so much as breathe on the offensive player it is a flag. Players are going to adapt. It may take time. But one thing is for certain and that is the refs need to be more consistent so the players can understand what they can and cannot do. I have played and reffed sports. Therefore I have seen both sides and the most frustrating thing as player to come across is whenever you feel there is alack of consistency.

As to the Niners. They are going to be fine. It may take a while but they have too much talent on offense to not succeed eventually. To what level their success goes to is unknown at this point. I will say this though. The niners defense needs to find a way to get more pressure on the quarterback. I don't care if you are Tom Brady or Drew Stanton, if you have all day in the pocket then you are going to be successful. Niner fans just sit back and relax. Things will get better.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast