Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers future and NFL officiating

Default 49ers future and NFL officiating

This sunday is a BIG game that we need! our season could've easily been 3-0.
    Bears (we fell asleep)
    Cardinals (lost for words) officiating is horrible
    Missing key players has put a hurt on us

How people that watched the game agree with this?

Wide receiver Anquan Boldin said it felt as if the 49ers were playing two opponents on Sunday.

Boldin tried to put a finger on why the 49ers have struggled in second half of games – again blowing a lead on Sunday in a 23-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

“Yeah, and they wear black and white,” Boldin said.

Referee Gene Steratore's crew penalized the 49ers nine times for 107 yards, and some of them were costly.

Back-to-back hits on Cardinals quarterback Drew Stanton drew controversial penalties and moved Arizona 30 yards closer to a go-ahead third-quarter touchdown in the third quarter.

“For me, it’s been obvious the last two weeks the amount of calls that have gone against us and the amount of calls that we’ve gotten,” Boldin said. “It hasn’t been close. And every week it’s the same thing.

“You send the tape in, and the NFL just reports back, ‘We made a mistake.’ But at the same time, the crap is costing us games. At some point, they need to be held accountable.”

Boldin was guilty of an unnecessary roughness penalty when he head-butted Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson after a completition to the Arizona 6-yard line. The penalty moved the ball back to the 21, and the 49ers failed to score at a time when they were trailing 20-14.

Boldin said he was provoked.

“My penalty was my penalty. I shouldn’t have did it,” he said. “The guy’s been taking shots at me the whole game. I told the coach that. I told the ref that three times. ‘I didn’t see it . . . I didn’t see it . . . I’ll look for it.’ But as soon as we do something, wow, they see it. But when guys are doing crap to us, ‘We didn’t catch it.’”

Afterward, TV cameras caught Boldin in animated discussion with 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.

“It wasn’t (an) exchange,” Boldin said. “He asked me a question, and I answered the question. It was after my personal foul, and he said, ‘Could you come to me or come to the ref?’ And I said, ‘Coach, I’ve gone to the ref on three different occasions. That’s not helping at all.’ ”

Two penalties that upset Boldin occurred when he was on the sideline. Dan Skuta was flagged for unnecessary roughness when he hit Stanton as he was sliding. On the next play, Patrick Willis was flagged another 15 yards for roughing the passer on what looked like a clean hit.

“If you look at it, it’s unbelievable,” Boldin said. “.And we’ll send the tape in, and they’ll tell us, ‘We made a mistake.’ But yet they got 30 yards down the field. And some of those are coming at crucial points, third downs when the defense is getting off the field. And now it’s first and 10.

“They’ll say we had a lot to do with it, and we did. We could’ve played better here and there, but it’s crazy.”

Of course the officiating is going to go against the 49ers. I didn't see the game and don't like the 49ers but I can certainly believe they got shafted. Why? Because Harbaugh is considered widely to be a total pa!n-!n-the-neck and the behavior that fosters the reputation, good or bad, trickles down to the players.

Refs are (more-or-less) people and people are imperfect - they get p!ssed, they hold grudges. Jim Harbaugh may be the most brilliant coach ever, but his antics don't help the team's cause. Pete Caroll may be an NCAA-sanction-dodging operator, smiling like a raccoon eating fish guts out of a wire brush, but he's not a total doosh to everyone he comes in contact with and that, sad to say, counts.
    Last edited by City Dad; 09-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.

It was definatly a rough game penalty wise! The refs were brutal on sunday. But we were 1 and 2 last season at this time so I'm not terribly worried. Need to get back to pounding the run game and the rest will fall into place! Go Niners!!!!

I think the ref who threw the flag on CK for a so called bad language foul put the word out, just my thot!!!!

Niners are ALOT closer to 0-3 than they are to 3-0. The Dallas game went exactly like the two losses but Romo threw those 2nd half picks (1 of them a gift in the end zone) to save the Niners.

Niners have the talent to turn it around but they just aren't a good team right now and you cant blame the refs. Everybody has bad calls go against them. Niners have no discipline whatsoever! Boldin hurt the team more with that head butt than the refs hurt them. For him it was more important to get back at the opposing player than to win the game.

Niners have consistenly had penalties ( legit ones ) prolong other teams drives on 3rd down this year... Lack of discipline. Then you have guys like Ahmad Brooks who gets 1 or 2 hands to face penalties per game. Lack of dicsipline. Culliver gets flagged for talking ***** after giving up an 8 yd completion... Lack of discipline.

Harbaugh isnt turning anything around. The players arent listening to him so they have to do it themselves. Scary thing thing is... It starts with the leaders and Boldin is one of the supposed leaders.

I hope they can turn it around or its gonna be a looooong winter!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Of course the officiating is going to go against the 49ers. I didn't see the game and don't like the 49ers but I can certainly believe they got shafted. Why? Because Harbaugh is considered widely to be a total D!ck and the behavior that fosters the reputation, good or bad, trickles down to the players.

Refs are (more-or-less) people and people are imperfect - they get p!ssed, they hold grudges. Jim Harbaugh may be the most brilliant coach ever, but his antics don't help the team's cause. Pete Caroll may be an NCAA-sanction-dodging operator, smiling like a raccoon eating fish guts out of a wire brush, but he's not a total doosh to everyone he comes in contact with and that, sad to say, counts.
    You're exactly right City Dad... But do you have to call Harbaugh a D!ck?

Next thing you know there will be a low quality video on FNN with Harbs at the wheel... driving down some dirt road, admitting that he's a d!ck, but totally denying any fault for other offenses that have already been PROVEN and documented.

I've seen enough of that on this site lately... Just sayin!
    Last edited by MustHuntAndFish; 09-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    You're exactly right City Dad... But do you have to call Harbaugh a ****?

Next thing you know there will be a low quality video on FNN with Harbs at the wheel... driving down some dirt road, admitting that he's a d!ck, but totally denying any fault for other offenses that have already been PROVEN and documented.

Duly noted and corrected.

Agree 100%!! back to smash mouth football
    we have looked good 1st half through the first 3 games but cant capitalize at crunch time
    Back to the books and lets get back to a win streak
    Go Ninersss

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    It was definatly a rough game penalty wise! The refs were brutal on sunday. But we were 1 and 2 last season at this time so I'm not terribly worried. Need to get back to pounding the run game and the rest will fall into place! Go Niners!!!!

I have to disagree with you. we out played Dallas all game due to us not even scoring second half so that was a W that wasn't even close
    The bears game was different and our secondary got pounded, we actually came out swinging and I predicted scoring 40 + points because the bears running defense is (was) last in the league but brush that off
    Arizona game we came out swinging once again but if you play sports and the reffs get to you trust me they get to you
    but we cant blame that AZ game on the reffs because we did recover a fumble with 4 minutes left.
    Last season we went 1-2 because we played horrible and this season we were close and we should've won

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    Niners are ALOT closer to 0-3 than they are to 3-0. The Dallas game went exactly like the two losses but Romo threw those 2nd half picks (1 of them a gift in the end zone) to save the Niners.

Niners have the talent to turn it around but they just aren't a good team right now and you cant blame the refs. Everybody has bad calls go against them. Niners have no discipline whatsoever! Boldin hurt the team more with that head butt than the refs hurt them. For him it was more important to get back at the opposing player than to win the game.

Niners have consistenly had penalties ( legit ones ) prolong other teams drives on 3rd down this year... Lack of discipline. Then you have guys like Ahmad Brooks who gets 1 or 2 hands to face penalties per game. Lack of dicsipline. Culliver gets flagged for talking ***** after giving up an 8 yd completion... Lack of discipline.

Harbaugh isnt turning anything around. The players arent listening to him so they have to do it themselves. Scary thing thing is... It starts with the leaders and Boldin is one of the supposed leaders.

I hope they can turn it around or its gonna be a looooong winter!

You're exactly right City Dad... But do you have to call Harbaugh a D!ck?

Big Problems in my eyes! Second half your suppose to have been made the correct adjustments! How on earth in three second halves of football played this year, the 49ers have been outscored 52-3? The 49ers have not scored a touchdown in a second half all year? And, wait for it: they haven’t scored ANY points at all during a fourth quarter. One could say it is The QB playing badly but I blame nobody but the coaches! There clearly not making adjustments at half time.

That's horrible to hear. it looks like we flipped it from last season because we were actually a second half team coming back and getting big wins
    Something has to be done and I expect them coming out on top
    Like I said they looked strong the first 3 games in first half
    Go Niners
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Big Problems in my eyes! Second half your suppose to have been made the correct adjustments! How on earth in three second halves of football played this year, the 49ers have been outscored 52-3? The 49ers have not scored a touchdown in a second half all year? And, wait for it: they haven’t scored ANY points at all during a fourth quarter. One could say it is The QB playing badly but I blame nobody but the coaches! There clearly not making adjustments at half time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast