Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anymore Catfish Tournaments?

Default Anymore Catfish Tournaments?

I can't believe we are nearing the best part of the season for Titan catfish and there is not 1 tournament scheduled for the next 6 weeks. This is the time you are going to see the biggest fish come out of this lake and we all know tournaments bring big business. Otherwise people start putting away their cat poles and dusting off their noodle rods for trout. I suggest a Catfish Titan Tournament for early October. The biggest fish on record was caught mid October and because of these heatwave, the water temperature hasn't started to drop as usual which is delaying the start of the best time to fish. Surface day temperatures are still near 80 while the feed bags don't go on until the temperature starts cooling a few degrees a week for the next 6 to 10 weeks. Of course there is the King of Cats on October 25th but that is already set in stone. For the rest of the guys and gals who enjoy tournament fishing, it is over and way too soon in my opinion.. Everyone wants a chance at a TITAN and tournaments bring them out. So why is nothing scheduled? Come on Bites ON, Turners, BOOYAA, IRVINE LAKE or any other business. Host a Titan Tournament! If it were trout season, there would be at least 2 more scheduled so don't miss out on the business, advertisement and money that may be associated with the biggest fish of the year. It's like getting a commercial during the super bowl! Tournament fishing is such a rush and I can't believe no one wants it. Oh well, just my 2 cents put in. Hopefully it was worth the write. Love for you guys to weigh in on this subject. The more comments and likes, the better chance we have. Oh yeah, it should have extended hours until 4 am and maybe even the opportunity to fish the other side of the buoy line or "forbidden zone" like we had many years ago. You can even charge an extra $10 for wristband entry. Just something to chew on. Please chime in if you think it is a good or even bad idea. Thānks!

CMD

Good idea. I agree Catfish season ending too soon!!

CMD i see u talk alot about that forbiden zone is the fishing really good in that area? I know that u have studied the lake for many years and are good at what you do but im.just curious of how good that area is

Well catfish are generally drawn to dams especially on bodies of moving water. Many large cats are caught near the dam certain times of the year. The forbidden zone is also a main attraction to fishermen. It kind of goes with the saying that, "The grass is greener on the other side". When people are told you can't do something, you just want to do it even more, right? Years ago when we were allowed to go over there one special night, it actually turned up being a dud. Everyone was excited to go across the line. We all got anchored up and no one was getting bit, so most people ended up going back to their original spots back in the flats and all. I am sure some large fish do cruise that area but I won't necessarily say it is packed of fish all on the other side of the buoy line. The fish are spread all over the lake so it's not that huge a deal, just would be nice to explore uncharted waters. Get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
    Well catfish are generally drawn to dams especially on bodies of moving water. Many large cats are caught near the dam certain times of the year. The forbidden zone is also a main attraction to fishermen. It kind of goes with the saying that, "The grass is greener on the other side". When people are told you can't do something, you just want to do it even more, right? Years ago when we were allowed to go over there one special night, it actually turned up being a dud. Everyone was excited to go across the line. We all got anchored up and no one was getting bit, so most people ended up going back to their original spots back in the flats and all. I am sure some large fish do cruise that area but I won't necessarily say it is packed of fish all on the other side of the buoy line. The fish are spread all over the lake so it's not that huge a deal, just would be nice to explore uncharted waters. Get me?
    I would like to see a 100 lbs catfish caught at Irvine lake to prove they exist!!!! So my suggestion is we hire Quint (Catmando) to catch that (Shark) I mean catfish. To do so we allow him unlimited rights to go in the Forbidden zone anytime he likes!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Fishing till 4am would be great, it seem like for us, we starting getting a lot of bites at about 11pm.

I think that's a great idea. As a knowlegeable local catfish guide, bait manufacturer, regular patron and current big fish of the lake title holder why don't you host the event? Come on Ronson, you're a Catfish Baller....do a catfish seminar, how about a free guide trip on your boat to the winner? You and your crew have cleaned up the past few events, give something back to the lake that helped put you on the map!

Whatever comes of this I say any fish that comes to the scales over 15lbs needs to be ALIVE and well for release back into the lake, no stiffys, no fish with bleach white gills, no sunken eye balls.....

Team 57 will be there as always in support! PM me if you would like help promoting Catmandos "Fall of the Titans" Tournament

TD

I am with Troutdog Team 57 would help out

Ronson as soon as I read your post all I could think was the tournament named " TOP THE TITAN TOURNAMENT ". I think its a great idea. I personally think you are the king of catfishing and this would only benefit the lake. I'm very competitive but have met some very special friends from fishing during tournaments. I personally am going for a 100 pounder and have a lot to learn before that day comes. I'm on board for another tournament.

I'm down with that!!!
    Maybe I can hang a
    Floating light over the
    Rail,,,LOL.....

Cm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast