Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Afternoon Delight - When it's on, it's on!

Default Afternoon Delight - When it's on, it's on!

A buddy and I decided to make an afternoon run to Perris. We launched at 3:30 and headed out to some of our usual spots near the dam. The wind really started to pick up so I put up with it for a bit and decided to pack it in and head over to the island in hopes for some relief.

Since I read here earlier this week that the crank-bait bite was on we motored around a bit and found some fairly open lanes, free of hydrilla for the most part, with some grass - 8-9'. BINGO!!! It was on like MF Donkey Kong!!!

Literally every 2-4 casts. Best part is not one fish was under 2lbs and most were much better. Nothing huge but all were very respectable 2-4lb specimens. This carried on from about 5-6:30/7pm and was one of the most fun runs I've had in a very long time. Before the sun went down I tied on a Zara Puppy and had a few takers before calling it a night.

Super fun bite!!!
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 09-20-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Bajaab,

Thanks for the report. I have not ever tried an afternoon launch, Normally launch early, fish until the sun or lack of bite runs me off of the water. The CB bite sounds like a blast! I will have to give the afternoon launch a try!

The fish we caught yesterday had some kind of lice on them. I wonder if it is because the water is so low that the naturally occurring anti-toxins have diminished? Will they still use the blue stone treatments if people are now drinking this water?