Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 9/21-9/23 Pride 2 Day limited load

Default 9/21-9/23 Pride 2 Day limited load

2 day trip on the Pride Aztec Sportfishing 9/21-9/23 $470 limited load only 14 anglers on a great boat with a great captain and crew! Call in the shop to reserve yourself a spot (951) 658 7410 www.lastchancetackle.com lets go stick some TUNA!!!

This boat kills the fish guys.. I have fished it 3 times in the past year and on every trip we ended up heading in early with limits of BFT and or YFT while the rest of the fleet had to stick it out to for whatever they could get. The fish come just come to this boat without hesitation. I saw this first hand the first time I fished the Pride.

Captain Greg called in one of his buddies on another sport boat as we had nearly limited out on BFT.. The bite was wide open with BFT boiling all around the boat when his buddy on the other sport boat pulled up within casting distance within of an iron off our stern. We got the 5 or so fish we had hanging before they pulled up but as soon as the other boat arrived the bite shut off. We did not hook anymore fish and neither did anyone on the other on the other boat.. They they drifted with us throwing lots of chum for about 45 minutes. It seemed like the fish just left us so the other boat decided to go look around. As soon as they pulled away literally within like 2 minutes the fish were all around the boat boiling again and we quickly finished off our limits and headed back to the dock by 8:30am... With all do respect I would prefer to keep the name of the other boat anonymous. This boat getsum guys..
    Last edited by jerryG; 09-20-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Aw, man! Awesome captain on a fishy boat. If I could get Monday off I would be all over this one. Captain Greg is one you want to fish with for sure.

I agree Captain Greg works hard to get fish is a great captain. But he's not always lucky. Sept. 11th wasn't a good day for captain Greg. We only got 40 or so tuna while a few others were able to limit out. Wierd thing is the day before and the day after, the boat limited out :(

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    This boat kills the fish guys.. I have fished it 3 times in the past year and on every trip we ended up heading in early with limits of BFT and or YFT while the rest of the fleet had to stick it out to for whatever they could get. The fish come just come to this boat without hesitation. I saw this first hand the first time I fished the Pride.

Captain Greg called in one of his buddies on another sport boat as we had nearly limited out on BFT.. The bite was wide open with BFT boiling all around the boat when his buddy on the other sport boat pulled up within casting distance within of an iron off our stern. We got the 5 or so fish we had hanging before they pulled up but as soon as the other boat arrived the bite shut off. We did not hook anymore fish and neither did anyone on the other on the other boat.. They they drifted with us throwing lots of chum for about 45 minutes. It seemed like the fish just left us so the other boat decided to go look around. As soon as they pulled away literally within like 2 minutes the fish were all around the boat boiling again and we quickly finished off our limits and headed back to the dock by 8:30am... With all do respect I would prefer to keep the name of the other boat anonymous. This boat getsum guys..

Quote Originally Posted by larry626 View Post
    I agree Captain Greg works hard to get fish is a great captain. But he's not always lucky. Sept. 11th wasn't a good day for captain Greg. We only got 40 or so tuna while a few others were able to limit out. Wierd thing is the day before and the day after, the boat limited out :(
    Yeah, but that's fishing. Even Greg's mentor has the occasional down day.

I was on the Pride on Sept. 11th.. You must have been on the Aztec. We got to the area (Mackerel Banks / San Clemente Is.) in the dark the Captain (not captain Greg) said there was a sonar mark under the boat.. It was a good 15 minutes before the dawn and I threw a bait in the dark and within a minute I was yelling FRESH ONE.. The hook pulled so I grabbed another bait and it was instant that time FRESH ONE. As the sun came over the horizon the tuna were boiling all around the boat. Guys were getting them on poppers, they were eating 80 lb line.. It was wide open.. We stayed on the same drift until the captain said he thought we had limits. We didn't have much bait so we took a handoff of some bait from the Aztec (must have been your trip).. We spent the rest of the day looking for paddies. We got caught and released a bunch of micro 1 to 2 lb yellows and we ended up with a couple of nice dodos.. It sounds like captain Greg had a tough day on the 11th which is going to happen from time to time but the fish were definitely there and in mass volume. We slayed the tuna on the Pride that day.. Like I said the fish come to that boat.. Sounds a case of should have been there yesterday should of been there tomorrow..
    Last edited by jerryG; 09-21-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Jerry, you're right, we were on the Aztec. Also nothing against the Aztec or Greg. he's a great captain and works hard to get everyone on the fish. Just saying even good captains aren't always lucky ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    I was on the Pride on Sept. 11th.. You must have been on the Aztec. We got to the area (Mackerel Banks / San Clemente Is.) in the dark the Captain (not captain Greg) said there was a sonar mark under the boat.. It was a good 15 minutes before the dawn and I threw a bait in the dark and within a minute I was yelling FRESH ONE.. The hook pulled so I grabbed another bait and it was instant that time FRESH ONE. As the sun came over the horizon the tuna were boiling all around the boat. Guys were getting them on poppers, they were eating 80 lb line.. It was wide open.. We stayed on the same drift until the captain said he thought we had limits. We didn't have much bait so we took a handoff of some bait from the Aztec (must have been your trip).. We spent the rest of the day looking for paddies. We got caught and released a bunch of micro 1 to 2 lb yellows and we ended up with a couple of nice dodos.. It sounds like captain Greg had a tough day on the 11th which is going to happen from time to time but the fish were definitely there and in mass volume. We slayed the tuna on the Pride that day.. Like I said the fish come to that boat.. Sounds a case of should have been there yesterday should of been there tomorrow..

Jerry, you're right, we were on the Aztec. Also nothing against the Aztec or Greg. he's a great captain and works hard to get everyone on the fish. Just saying even good captains aren't always lucky ;)
    X2, over the years if you were to plot with a graph which boats catch more often then not. You would definitely notice a pattern of who the better skippers are. I've fished on the boat many times myself (starting when it was called the Orion) it's the biggest little boat in the fleet. It doesn't seem that small unless you head for the bow, then you realize it didn't take you long to get there!!! lol

I know this all too well.. I have been on more than a few boat rides myself with some great Captains at the helm but like you said sometimes it's just not enough..

Up date on their first day. Full limits of Tuna and Dorado!!!! Way to go guys!!!!!!