Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A post for Bruce

Default A post for Bruce

Okay bruce, Yes we have been going out for bugs. Got of work at 11pm on opening night so I couldn't make it to the protest at Ventura Harbor. Hit MDR for a very slow night. Only 4 legal from midnight til 4am. Monday started early. Dropped nets at 5:30, bugs stared to move at 7, pulled many nets with 4 to 7 shorts. Limit plus extra by 9. Passed off the extra bugs and had lobster for dinner. Boy it's been a long off season, the bugs taste great!!!!
    Now its time for your report! :D

Great report. We're havimg some problems down south with divers. It happens every year and usually stops after a month or so. Then the good hopping starts. By late November, I'll be the only boat out there some nights. Strange that I was out for a couple hours on Tuesday and only had about 60 shorts and NO legals. Lots of underwater lights spotted by all the regulars.

Keep up the fight there in Ventura. You guys have have as much right to those breakwalls as any other group. I can't see how one person has the right to shut down a fishery that is in Federal water.