Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't posted in a while soooooo....

Default Haven't posted in a while soooooo....

Last week saw some ridiculous schoolie fishing. One day I had triple limits in a few hours. However the new heat wave and big moon with clear skies have changed things. The early morning bite was kinda so-so. Still some swirls and boils but the fish weren't as easily tempted. The bite all but died around 9:00 am today 9/15. The heat rose quickly and the fish went down. We only managed 6 today by 1:00 mostly trolling. Did I mention it was hot? Hot enough where I'm staying home Tuesday. This minor monsoon coming through Wednesday should turn things on a bit. C'mon clouds!

I hope the clouds stay away until next week when I can get back on the lake!

Is the water level still going down?

I'm with Bob. I'm out this week and a cool down would be great.

Water level is still dropping. Not the lowest I've seen it but it is dropping.

Bummer......all my hot spots were boarder line out of the water last week. I hope it does not continue to drop.

I may be in for some early morning Sunday striper hunting.....
    Shad baits or baby bass / bluegill colors?

Got on a rental boat to hunt down boils at the last hour of the day today. Nada. Water looks low with almost all tules out of the water.

Was there wens boils everywhere by the time i realize what they wanted sun came up,damn ranger didnt open the second gate till 6:20 really threw off fishing but ill be there today see u pat ill be in a rental chasing boils

Quote Originally Posted by panfishman View Post
    Was there wens boils everywhere by the time i realize what they wanted sun came up,damn ranger didnt open the second gate till 6:20 really threw off fishing but ill be there today see u pat ill be in a rental chasing boils
    I hope you're killin em as I type this. How was it?

Fish were up feeding with the overcast BUT not like the last week or so. They're moving around more and not so concentrated. They pretty much shut down by 9:30 with only a spotty bite after that. If you go prepared, on a boat, and be flexible you can catch a limit and then some. The water is pretty darn low now but the inlet is flowing pretty hard so I hope that helps. OH! BTW The second dock is now back up and in service!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast