Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: tuna fail

Default tuna fail

well i tried.
    i left simi at 3:20. stopped at the thrifty gas on balboa. 75 in the van, 75 in the little red boat tanks. made it to the ramp by queen mary about 4:45.
    headed to the bait barge in san pedro. it dawned on me that there must be bait in long beach. i didn't have time to look and the new radio took a dump. darn thing is only about 3 months old. and to top that off. the new pump on the bait tank doesnt pump while the boat is moving. oh well.
    i made it to the whistle bouy as the sun was breaking. i ran out 10 miles and dropped the jigs. i read that someone caught a wahoo at 10 miles.
    i went southeast until i saw that everyone was headed to catalina so i headed to the east end. i trolled for about 2 hours. it was pretty rough and windy. i figured i was in for a rough ride home. i ran to just past the island. 27 miles from the whistle bouy. new record for the daisy mae. at least since i have owned her.
    i saw a couple of guys on a paddy but they weren't catching so i headed east towards a couple of boats. i came across a paddy that had about 6 boats on it. a couple of guys were hung. i dropped one of my last dying chovies and nothing.
    i heard a couple of guys on the handheld saying they got 5 tuna and a dodo. i was only about 1/2 hour late. i headed east and threw the jigs again. i figured i would head towards home and troll as long as i could.
    after about an hour i got bit. it ripped off fast and heavy. i backed the gas a little and grabbed for the rod. i got the clips tangled and when i finaly started cranking he was gone. i trolled for another 20 minutes and got short bit by a smaller fish. and that was it.
    it was after 11 and i had a sloppy 3 hour ride back to long beach.

the photo is sardines and rice.my official tuna fail breakfast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tunafail.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	45035  

On a positive note, Sardines are healthier than Tuna and have less radiation in them. lol!

Wow,nothing wrong with an honest report,with the effort you put in,it's just a matter of time for you to slam em,nice looking skunk meal!
    Cya Tuna Vic

Not a FAIL, just a good day of PRACTICE! Sometimes that's the way she goes...

where abouts in simi do you live. I live there to