Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA River Bass

There are quite a few bass populations further north in the LA River system, particularly near the Balboa area.

I'm sure they have finally made their way downstream.

Don't know if the LA river produces enough forage for these little guys to prosper, but I'm glad they've made their way further south.

There's plenty of crawdads and bugs for them to eat, at least in that section. I was fishing south of the 134, I think I'll head out this weekend again to try and hook something bigger. If these little guys were cruising in less than 2 feet of water I bet their mommas and daddies are hanging out in the deeper pools (some I've fished are up to 5 or 6 feet deep). The cool thing about these parts of the river is they still have a natural bottom, only the sides are concrete.

Tom I caught a 15in 2lb bass by red river park they are out there

Pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Tom I caught a 15in 2lb bass by red river park they are out there
    Nice! Those tilapia make good eats for those bass.

Great job on the LA river, I too enjoy urban bass fishing and fish a lot of the local lakes.
    From Bass in the Hood.

Try a fly-lined Roboworm or a small "Thin Senko" in those pools. If bass are there, there's just so many small baits to try out there! Also, now that the word is out, people are going to start showing up...

Yep, but more people fishing the river ain't a bad thing. I know a bunch of spots and it's a large amount of fish able water so I can always avoid the bucketheads and bassholes. They can fish all they want while I stay catching.

Most fun I've had fishing in CA since I sold my boat. Fished the LA River today for an hour, caught 8 dink bass and 2 sunfish. Now that I know where they are and what they want it was real easy. Half the fish hit my lure before I even closed the bail. Biggest school of bass I saw was around 40 fish! I guess they like company in the river. I think the biggest I caught was around 8", the rest were a bit smaller.

FYI, you're going to attract a lot of meat fishermen with your posts. I've seen it happen with a good amount of spots. It really sucks.
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 09-14-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast