Quick summary - still trying to shake the skunk.

Took some liberty from work on Monday and tried to redeem myself after an unproductive day at DVL this past Sat. Headed to Lake Cahuilla but the park was closed presumably due to damage from the recent rain/floods. Made my way up to Lake Hemet - the drive up the 74 is always so great!

Got there around 10 and rented a boat for a half day for $45 (5 hours) which is a good deal. Weather called for high temps up to low 90's if I recall correctly. Water conditions we not great. North end of the lake looked like chocolate milk. Wind was up a bit much and made it hard to hold a position to fish effectively. Threw a bunch of plastic worms, spinners, and some crankbaits for no love. South side seems like its blooming with algae pretty good, which I gather is not great for the DO levels for the fish. Lots of boiling fish off the shore and towards the middle of the lake - maybe carp or..?

At any rate I will continue to get more time on the water, having fun building my bassin skills even though not much to show for it yet.