Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murrieta Hot Springs Ponds Fishing

1. Default Murrieta Hot Springs Ponds Fishing

Did a little fishing at the Murrieta Hot Springs ponds at the retreat after attending an event there. The water is fed from the local hot springs, amazing the fish tolerate it. We landed 3 largemouth, two of them decent size, and several chunky bluegill. I have heard of large Pacu and other random fish in this pond but didn't see any. Hope you enjoy the video at this truly unique locale for warmwater fishing!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNndJlDhbw0

There is two ponds, the lower pond appears deeper but it is much smaller, didn't get any hits there. We fished during the hottest time of the day, which certainly didn't help the bite. I would love to see how this place is at dusk or fishing at night with a topwater frog!

Nice video, I drive by that place all the time

I live just up the hill. Used to take my two son's there when they were little teaching them how to fish. Someone caught a 16lber out of the lower pond a month or so ago. There was an albino cat that used to live there too but sadly even though signs clearly state all fish must be released people have cleaned those ponds out for food...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 09-06-2014 at 09:53 PM.

2008 maybe? Definitely my most memorable catch.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    I live just up the hill. Used to take my two son's there when they were little teaching them how to fish. Someone caught a 16lber out of the lower pond a month or so ago. There was an albino cat that used to live there too but sadly even though signs clearly state all fish must be released people have cleaned those ponds out for food...
    wow a 16lber? Nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post

There is two ponds, the lower pond appears deeper but it is much smaller, didn't get any hits there. We fished during the hottest time of the day, which certainly didn't help the bite. I would love to see how this place is at dusk or fishing at night with a topwater frog!
    I can't imagine the bite at night. You two were getting good bites during the day!

Nice video! My wife is from the area but isn't quite sure where that's at. Is that at the Bible college off MHS? Or how do you get there. Coming from Corona. Thanks! :)

Another great video.
    Killer Pacu pic too.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by Lamirm View Post
    Nice video! My wife is from the area but isn't quite sure where that's at. Is that at the Bible college off MHS? Or how do you get there. Coming from Corona. Thanks! :)
    Yes, the upper pond is behind the college. The lower pond is in the park right behind the medical office buildings just before you turn into the college...

Awesome thanks! I am heading out that way this weekend for a family gathering, so if I have time I might try to get some time in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast