Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado River Labor Day weekend. Slow fishing, but holy Carp!!

Default Colorado River Labor Day weekend. Slow fishing, but holy Carp!!

Fishing was REALLY slow last weekend. Hasn't been that bad in quite a few years. They were just not committing, and I think because of the holiday weekend, the water levels really screwed their heads up.

Weather was quite cold:

If you saw my last post, Greg missed what he says is a 500 pound LMB at the boat. I found this note pegged to the wall this trip:

Some fish:

I did happen to catch a pretty nice Carp on the 1/4 oz Road runner with 3" spring grub though. That is the second Carp I have caught on bass gear. I thought I snagged a log until the log started swimming away. Good stuff!

On the way back BOTH of my trailer tires blew. I had to leave the boat on the side of the 10, drive 50 miles back to Blythe to find the ONE tire store open, drive back and change them while almost getting killed three times by clueless drivers... Took me 8 hours to get back instead of the usual 4...

I think the fish are trying to get revenge!

Other than that, and crappy fishing, another good river trip!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, at least you made it back alive. I hope your next trip goes perfect.

Are you at water wheel?

We've got a spot there... haven't been all summer but love the fishing there on calm weekends.

Do you tow the boat out every time?

Looks like good fun. We might be getting out there this month sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Santana View Post
    Are you at water wheel?

We've got a spot there... haven't been all summer but love the fishing there on calm weekends.

Yup. Sub division though.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    Do you tow the boat out every time?

Looks like good fun. We might be getting out there this month sometime.
    I do. Just in case I want to fish Castaic, Pyramid or Isabella (which is seldom) because they are so much closer to where I live.

Both tires .... did you hit FOD?

Cool report/pics!, the tire thing happen to me coming back from Lake Mohave on a late sunday afternoon just pass 29 palms- I know the feeling!

where in blythe do you fish? i will be there soon to do some fishing...i am from blythe originally

Quote Originally Posted by gcopple View Post
    where in blythe do you fish? i will be there soon to do some fishing...i am from blythe originally
    Up the 95, half way to Needles. Around Water Wheel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast