Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any new info on the lake's possible closure?

If the water level is going to be down for several months, there's going to be lots of new plant growth of bushes and trees that will make great structure once the lake level goes back up! Lots of snags and lost baits too! But the fish will be in it!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    If the water level is going to be down for several months, there's going to be lots of new plant growth of bushes and trees that will make great structure once the lake level goes back up! Lots of snags and lost baits too! But the fish will be in it!
    fishmounter,

I recall seeing on the Dam Reconstruction website a line item for brush / tree removal. I hope not; because the remaining structure would make an awesome fishery.

But we will just have to wait and see what happens....and when!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 09-07-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Yeah, we'll see.. Might be a good idea to get out there with a camera and a GPS to mark rock piles, and other uncovered structures.

fISHMOUNTER
    I WENT OUT FRI, THEY HAD A TRUCK AND A SPRAY TANK IN SAIL COVE AND SPRAYING A LOT OF BUSHES WHERE THE WATER USE TO BE, NOT ALL OF THE BRUSH BUT QUIT A LOT OF THEM , GREEN IN COLOR , THEY SPRAYED A LOT OF BRUSH

ted

Roundup is a hella of a herbicide.

There goes the habitat and cover, geniuses I tell ya geniuses!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 09-07-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Have they started the drain?

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    He went on to say when they start launching at sail cove they will limit the lake to 20 boats!
    Only 20 boats....wow. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

It will only be tin boats launching as a duel axle trailer with a 200+hp motor will not be able to be pulled out unless you have a four wheel drive tow rig. Add to the fact that it will also be a shallow angle launch and retrieve as opposed to the angle on the paved ramp and doubtful that most if any tournament style bass boat would be able to launch or retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot951 View Post
    Have they started the drain?
    The water level is down 3ft from last week , but dont let it stop you from going the water is stained and the fish are loving it , the reaction bite is on fire !! remember when the last draw down happend and the lake turned to pea soup and how epic the bite went off then ? well its on again my friends go catch some fish while you can lol

I will fish in a tin bucket in my back yard and still enjoy fishing, you will have to drag the pole from my hands, I am a FISHERMAN

Ted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast