Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any new info on the lake's possible closure?

Default Any new info on the lake's possible closure?

Anyone....?

Perrisranger? Pete? Anyone else??

I've been preparing myself for the official news that the lake has stopped allowing private boat launches, but looks like we're all still waiting.......

I have heard down on the Lake that they are limiting private boats, , some will be on, and they are suppose to lower the lake one more time but there will be fishing

ted

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    Anyone....?

Perrisranger? Pete? Anyone else??

I've been preparing myself for the official news that the lake has stopped allowing private boat launches, but looks like we're all still waiting.......
    bass423,

I posted the same inquiry a couple of weeks ago and did not get a reply from anyone with Lake Perris. Either they don't know what is going to happen or they are not saying!

As of right now....they will be lowering the lake about 9 more feet . They are trying to figure a way to launch at Sail Cove but nothing is set in stone yet . If they cant launch us from Sail Cove then they will close it to private boaters. One the lake gets lowered then there will be no more Tire Reef and east end . I hope this doesnt stress the fish out so much that there is a die off..... sux. Thisi s all info that I have heard so I am not 100% sure what is true but the state still wants to make money on boating so lets see what happens.

i fished there yesterday. the rangers have no info except at some point the lake will be closed at the bernasconi end. nothing new to report. hopefully the fishing will not be damaged by their actions.

Well I had heard the lake is closing to privates right after Labor Day weekend. That didn't happen so its along to the next rumor. But at least the lake is open to private launches today.

(THIS IS FROM PERRIS FACEBOOK)Water Level update. Hello all, As most Californians know we are in the middle of a severe multiyear drought. Water for most reservoirs is at record lows. During the next 3-5 months water will be used from Perris to supply the Riverside County area. We will slowly see the water level decrease to an estimated 4-8 feet loss. The good news is that we will still have launch ramp #6 open as it is long enough to support boat launches. In addition our campground, marina, and swim beaches will remain open. Please do you part and conserve water and lets all keep our fingers crossed for a wet fall, winter, and spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    (THIS IS FROM PERRIS FACEBOOK)Water Level update. Hello all, As most Californians know we are in the middle of a severe multiyear drought. Water for most reservoirs is at record lows. During the next 3-5 months water will be used from Perris to supply the Riverside County area. We will slowly see the water level decrease to an estimated 4-8 feet loss. The good news is that we will still have launch ramp #6 open as it is long enough to support boat launches. In addition our campground, marina, and swim beaches will remain open. Please do you part and conserve water and lets all keep our fingers crossed for a wet fall, winter, and spring.
    Thanks man....that means the state won and they want to keep making money off of us boaters ...Im still a little weary as they were trying to get me to buy my year pass but I have been holding off...Hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    bass423,

I posted the same inquiry a couple of weeks ago and did not get a reply from anyone with Lake Perris.
    I saw that. Saw you didn't get any responses so I thought I'd try again.....

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    they were trying to get me to buy my year pass but I have been holding off...Hmmmmmm
    I bought (re-newed) mine back in May. Was starting to get (and still am frankly) worried that the lake will eventually close this winter. Time will tell. Thanks guys for the replies.

Fished the lake on Tuesday for about 10 fish. Most were small taken off the dam on plastics. Got a few nicer models on dropshotted plastics in deeper water off a rock pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    I was at a bass club meeting last Thursday evening and asked a buddy what he had heard about the lake closure, (he fishes Perris two to three times a week). He said he had spoken with the "head ranger" who told him that the lake will continue to draw down due to water demand, (pretty much like what Perris Bluegill Chaser posted from Facebook). The ranger went on to say once the ramp is out of the water, they will launch private boats from sail cove. I asked my buddy if they were going to put down any blocks to help with boat launching and he said "no"...the ground there is hard there due to the vehicle traffic. He went on to say when they start launching at sail cove they will limit the lake to 20 boats! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how quickly the water level drops and the resulting decisions and impacts to our fishing! Turn down those lawn sprinklers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast