Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanna be basspro guys and environmentalist

Default Wanna be basspro guys and environmentalist

How do you guys deal with people who give you a hard time about the fish you legally catch and take home. I noticed there are those cry baby peta people who get upset at you .then you have those catch and release guys who believe they are saints and youre a demon for keeping a 22 inch bass.

Besides calling the police or game warden what do you guys do.

I don't keep Large mouth. That's what I do.

Striper taste better anyway

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying as bashing you. I just feel better releasing those poor green things that get hooked over and over again every weekend
    Last edited by cutbait; 09-03-2014 at 08:17 PM.

How about you don't show others what you are catching?

How would anyone give you crap if they can't see in your live wells?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Besides calling the police or game warden what do you guys do.

Depends on how you want to handle it,,,,,

It IS your right to keep anything that is a legal catch,,,,,,,,,BUT what you said is exactly correct,,,,,,,There are ALOT of people who WILL bash you for it,,,,,,,,You have 2 choices IMO,,,,

KEEP and deal with there B/S
    or
    RELEASE,

Depends on how well you deal with other peoples B/S.

Good luck with your problem,,,,,,its a common one I promise ,,,

T/B

Scott is correct, if you catch a fish that is within the legal parameters, and want to keep it the option is YOURS........If you are worried about what other will say, dont flaunt it, the only person who can really look in your ice chest, is the warden......Cutbait is correct on the other hand, striper taste, and fight much better..................Dave

I have seen people take some pretty nice size bass (LMB) and deep inside i didn't like it because i C&R plus those nice size bass are the ones that are reproducing and obviously they are the healthy fish. But every one is allowed to keep what they please as long as its within the rules (size limit) so i don't say anything I also have seen 1familykeep em under the size limit but they were with kids and i didn't say sh.. because i didn't wanna be a party pooper for the kids they were happy to catch fish plus i figured its not my job like the police (game warden where you at when we need you?). On the other hand i heard they taste good and iam tempted to bring one home and one day when i do keep one if someone sees me keep 1and says something they better be ready to get told to mind they're own business and not in the nice way I'm writing it.. so my advise to u don't show ur catch and or lie if they see u keep 1 tell them it swallowed the hook and u couldn't save em or do as i would... Better just lie not worth fighting over fish but then again its ur right.

Thanks for the replies I don't flaunt it or tell people if I know they will say s@@#. I am concerned that one day fishing will be banned because of them . I don't know about you guys but its getting worse. Look at Manhattan Beach they closed the pier for a few months because some idiot swimmer got bitten by a shark , the media, and the environmentalists had their say and blew it out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Thanks for the replies I don't flaunt it or tell people if I know they will say s@@#. I am concerned that one day fishing will be banned because of them . I don't know about you guys but its getting worse. Look at Manhattan Beach they closed the pier for a few months because some idiot swimmer got bitten by a shark , the media, and the environmentalists had their say and blew it out of proportion.

For the record I support your right to voice your opinion
    Last edited by cutbait; 09-04-2014 at 07:28 AM.

I just don't worry about them but not telling them makes that a lot easier.

LMB taste bad anyway. I haven't kept them since I tried then twice as a kid. They were awful! Bad texture and bad taste.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast