Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Sierras Labor Day weekend

Default Eastern Sierras Labor Day weekend

It was a very good trip. Started out fishing a spot on the way up for a little break and catch some rainbows. We them went to bishop where we camped just below lake Sabrina. When we got there my buddies already had about 6 or 7 fish all from 2 1/2 to 4 pounds out of the creeks. I then setup and fish the creek and get a solid 2 1/2 pounder right after losing about a 4 or 5 pounder. Lots of fish in the creeks the first day but after that they were basically all gone.

I fished intake 2 the afternoon on Friday and like always it was wide open on small ones using jigs and for a while even on lures. Had some fun there to end that day.

Saturday we fished at Mammie first thing and caught tons of small ones at the bridge there on mini jigs. We then headed to Mary where I didn't get any hits till I looked under the bridge and saw a big one just chillin there. Second my jig hit the water he swallowed it up. Felt good to hook a bigger fish. Well that was the only fish caught there. We headed to convict and fished the creek and caught about 20 small ones really quick. Decided to mess around at the creeks again and caught a nice Hook jaw out of bishop creek by Sabrina.

Sunday we packed up and fished intake 2 for a little and caught a bunch more on jigs. We then hit a spot in big pine and I have to say this spot had much nicer fish then up in the higher lakes. I pulled a nice one about 5 pounds on a jig there and that was basically it for the day. I did stop at George's creek on the way home and lost a big one there.
    Last edited by KidTrout; 08-31-2014 at 04:38 PM.

It won't let me upload pics for some reason right now

thanks for the info how was the weather in mammoth?

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_freak View Post
    thanks for the info how was the weather in mammoth?
    Perfect weather actually. Mornings were high 30s in mammoth and higher elevation in bishop and mid day was low 70s to high 60s

Nice thanks for the report.

Nice report cant wait to see the pics

Nice Pics..... "Yung Slayer"

nice trout ,did you fish the bigpine creek above the town,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    nice trout ,did you fish the bigpine creek above the town,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Yeah it's called Bakers Creek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast