Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Coral Sea 1.5 Day 8/26 (video)

Default Coral Sea 1.5 Day 8/26 (video)

Went out on the Coral Sea with Bring It, out of H&M Landing for a 1.5 day onboard the Coral Sea. It's an awesome 60' Boat with a great skipper and crew. Its a 17 pack that fishes very comfortably. The early reports were that the hurricane coming up from Mexico was bringing horrible seas with it. We got to the bait barge and we were lucky that the bait boat was there earlier and dropped off some sardines from 5-9 inches. I fished #25 floro leader with 1/0-3/0 ringed J hooks on my 8' Terez. The bite was crazy wide open. Every Hammerhead Shark we found was had schools of Yellowfin underneath it. It wouldn't have been a good time for a swim, there were some big ole sharks around. Fish were hitting everything from Colt Snipers to Mega Baits and Halco Poppers. Some fish blew up on our baits as soon as they hit the water. The boat limited on YFT, BRING IT was on the troll with his group when he let a guy who didn't have any tuna reel in his rod that went off, it turned out to be a very nice Dorado (Good Fish Karma). The boat also got a few Skip Jacks in the mix just in time for Bug Season. It was an awesome trip and a great time out on the water. Came back home and gave some Tuna to the old man who runs the gas station by my house he was very happy, I was glad to help out. It's been an awesome year, enjoying the retired life and feeling blessed. Hope everyone has a great week and tight lines to all.

Nice report and awesome vid my friend!! Must have been great to only have 17 on the boat. Nice job fishing the bow...that's what I prefer as well. Love the sound of peeling drag. BTW, is this the same coral sea that goes out of channel islands? They have killer rockfishing trips....

yes the same boat with the same crew.

Way to go guys, a lot of sensational Tuna fishing this year!

great video! digging the hook sets!!!
    thanks for sharing.

Best video of it's type I have ever seen...a great tutorial on how to gently flyline those dines, and get bit immediately!!!! what size mono, and what brand mono where you using ....which reel do you prefer, the Talica 2 speed, or the Trinidad???

They're still going!

Thanks for the great report and video.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsr View Post
    Best video of it's type I have ever seen...a great tutorial on how to gently flyline those dines, and get bit immediately!!!! what size mono, and what brand mono where you using ....which reel do you prefer, the Talica 2 speed, or the Trinidad???
    I was using #25 and #30 pound test I like the Talica 8 and 10 they cast awesome I was using Izorline XXX (Smoke Color) and 65# Power Pro