Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Questions for night fishing jetties?

Default Questions for night fishing jetties?

Hi guys and gals,
    I'm going night fishing tonight with buddy's either at the jetty in losalitmitos bay or cherry beach in LB. My question to you guys is what kind of lures works best at night? I've done a lot of bait and wait before but Haven't had much success with my hard baits at night. I usually use lucky craft lures or big diawa lures. I've had good luck during the day but not at night. Do those work at night? I'm taking off to the tackle shop in an hour or so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Josh

I forgot to add I'm fairly experienced in most types of fishing so if you guys use a drop shot method or anything like that, I would be able to do it. Thanks for any advice!

Hey Josh , iv'e seen halibut caught at night on the flash minnow during the grunion run , but haven't really tried it myself . I think tonights gonna be the night for me to since the run is expected 25,26,27. Good luck anyway!

Yes, they do work at night.

You could try slower-fishing artificial baits like a big hammer or drop-shot fluke (higher chance to catch since the bait is in the water longer). Adding scent would help some too.

-Peter
    Last edited by PTN; 08-25-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks Edgar and Peter! I'm heading to the tackle shop now. I didn't know the grunion run was happening soon, that's great news. Thanks for the info!

I think LAB closes at 10 pm ?
    DR