Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perris Lke watch out

castle yes I heard the BlueGill love bread, and the Peanut butter will keep the bread on the hook

Well I went out there and did catch one LMB while trolling, on my Fish Finder screen there were a few schools of fish moving around, the guy on the Beach we call Polar Bear caught a nice small large mouth, I was talking to him when he got the bite, nice fish, he also had a few more fish, even thought they treated the lake last Fri , STONE BLASTING ??? the fish are biting,
    I was surprised I got one hit on the bread and peanutbutter sandwhich, I ate the rest.
    I left at noon as my reel needed some service but I fixed it upon arrival at home , weather was good, but there was a strong water current , very hard to go in the direction you wanted to go, I will go out one more time this week

See ya
    TED

Ted im trying to go to perris tomorrow, if I see you in your float tube im running over to ya to see if you want to do a couple laps around the lake to catch a couple fish, im really softy for a float tube and I American flag. I say it will take us an hour or so to hit some spots.

James

Ted

Its called blue stoning not Stone Blasting hahahaha Copper Sulfate treatment and it was done last weds...not fri...but the bite wasn't affected because its wide open. I was there Fri, Sat and today and we had big bass and big numbers Shallow and deep...

Pete

I was close Pete , good hearing from you

TED

split shot, 2lb line, a tiny hook, and a wax worm. impossible to not catch a blue gill with that set up. wasting your time with all those other baits.

We were out there Sunday early and my buddy was throwing a Duo Realis spy bait for bass at the dam and ended up catching two HUGE bluegills on it, lol.

Looks like you're having a blast, Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    split shot, 2lb line, a tiny hook, and a wax worm. impossible to not catch a blue gill with that set up. wasting your time with all those other baits.
    Yep 2X that.

Okay Ted Mills decided to test out your peanut butter and bread on bluegill today.
    Have a private lake right next to my house, where I can catch 30 bluegill an hour on worms.

Setup is 4lb test line, size 16 treble hook, and a huge bobber could not find small ones.

1st cast 90 seconds to get bite, a worm usually takes 15 seconds, stole my bait
    2nd cast 45 seconds and land a small green sunfish, they really fight
    3rd cast bait flies off
    4th cast one minute in land a small bluegill
    5th cast go deep for the big bluegill to see what happens.

20 seconds in the bobber goes down deep and the drag is going out far,I look for my net its in the house,
    I know what I have,
    after a huge 10 min battle in which I can not believe my line did not break I see the fish,
    Its the same 10lb catfish I caught three times on mackerel the last month. I reach for him and he
    snaps my line.

Bread and peanut butter worked okay not as good as worms, but you may land a huge catfish,
    however the fish almost bite anything here

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Okay Ted Mills decided to test out your peanut butter and bread on bluegill today.
    Have a private lake right next to my house, where I can catch 30 bluegill an hour on worms.

Setup is 4lb test line, size 16 treble hook, and a huge bobber could not find small ones.

1st cast 90 seconds to get bite, a worm usually takes 15 seconds, stole my bait
    2nd cast 45 seconds and land a small green sunfish, they really fight
    3rd cast bait flies off
    4th cast one minute in land a small bluegill
    5th cast go deep for the big bluegill to see what happens.

20 seconds in the bobber goes down deep and the drag is going out far,I look for my net its in the house,
    I know what I have,
    after a huge 10 min battle in which I can not believe my line did not break I see the fish,
    Its the same 10lb catfish I caught three times on mackerel the last month. I reach for him and he
    snaps my line.

Bread and peanut butter worked okay not as good as worms, but you may land a huge catfish,
    however the fish almost bite anything here
    private lake huh?? mind sharing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast