Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Perris bass are on the chew boys and girls!!!

Default The Perris bass are on the chew boys and girls!!!

So Ive been extremely busy the last month in preparation for the coming US OPEN the first week of Sept. so I haven't had time to come on and post as much as normal..
    My preparation for the US OPEN has been tedious to say the least... getting every bait tuned perfectly, changing out all hooks, condensing everything, getting everything in order and organized, making sure all rods and reels are in perfect condition, digging out old notes on Lake Mead for this time of year, going over the map, checking water levels, and coming up with a prefish game plan to say the least Ive been hitting it hard and it has consumed a lot of my time... all while trying to work, guide and be a husband and daddy to my daughter who just started 2nd grade...So to say the least my head has been spinning and my plate has been overflowing..BUT I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY... SO my apologies for not coming on as much as normal...
    But I figured I take a deep breath and write a report from a trip I did out at Perris last week. The bite has been really good at Perris.. The bass are on the chew and Im on several different patterns that are producing great numbers of fish.
    The beauty of Perris right now is the amount of techniques that are working.. You can go throw the dropshot, texas rig, Carolina rig, niko rig, topwater, shallow water baits, deep water baits, schooling fish baits EVERYTHING is working...Of coarse some better than others but you can literally do it all right now.. But I have 3-4 techniques dialed in completely and Im getting bit consistently every trip out using these techniques. Id personally rather dial in a few patterns then go out there with 6-7 rods on the deck.

So I met Andrew and his dad Joe a few weeks back at BPS while I was doing a seminar on Topwater fishing. They were anxious to get out to Perris with me because they simply wanted to expand their horizons and learn to throw a few different things to catch some bass.

So I met them at the lake at 6am.. we go over the plan for the day and away we go.. I could tell that they were both anxious and eager to get started..
    The plan for the day was to throw reaction baits for as long as we could then move deeper as the day went on... Typical Perris Summer fishing in my opinion..

SO, we get started and I have Joe throwing the topwater bait and both Andrew and I are hunting with Alabama rigs.. I go straight to an area Ive been doing well at...I circle the large area about 5-6 times with no love... We continue to make cast after cast searching ...

Finally I see a sign of life... One bird dove into the water and came up with a 3-4" threadfin shad hanging out of its mouth... "There they are", I said! As Joe and Andrew say..."There what are?" I responded .."THE BASS".
    Just then another shad came dolphining up out of the water with a large Perris bass in hot putsuit...one quick swirl on the surface and that shad disappeared.... And I said simply... "Its about to get real"..
    I cruised over to the area and we all kept firing away... Almost instantly I get bit and swing a nice Perris Bass into the boat... then another... Then Andrew says Im on and he has a double hookup (two bass at the same time), just then one gets off and he swings a nice Perris bass into the boat... Then he makes another cast...He says.. "It's big" as I see that he doesn't have a giant but rather another double hookup.. but once again one of them got off and he swung another nice bass into the boat... Good Job!!
    That's about the time I gave the Alabama rig to his dad and within seconds HES ON!!!! And he swings his first bass of the day into the boat... These two guys were clowning these bass... it was literally wide open...every few casts one of them would get one..

Oddly enough I never got bit on the topwater so I put on a spoon and decided to practice some with IT.
    On my first cast I had a solid 6-7lber follow my spoon ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BOAT.... Andrews eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw that giant in hot pursuit of my bait but it ran out of room and retreated back into the depths...
    So I make another cast and BOOOM.. Im on!! And then I caught like 2-3 more in the next few minutes on it...all while helping the guys get their fish off and take photos as well..
    So after a couple fish on the spoon I decided to throw another reaction bait to try something different.... And I wasn't disappointed as I caught one on it on my 1st two casts in a row...
    I asked the guys if they wanted to switch it up and they said "No" so they kept chucking the Alabama rigs.. As for me I changed it up a couple more times just for the heck of it and caught bass on a few other reaction baits as well...
    Finally the bite finally died... We absolutely destroyed it!

I won the award for the strange catch as I caught a big bluegill on a tailspin...and of coarse the guys had to take a pic of it to rub it in...hahaha
    So as the bite died I told the guys that we still had time to go deep if they wanted to..and before I was even finished asking they had already responded with a resounding YES!!!!!
    So to the deep water we went... I get to the spot and drop the troller and say "THERE THEY ARE" as my graph lights up with bass...

Within minutes Andrew gets the first nice bass from the deep water...actually he quickly had the first 3 bass out there..hahaha but finally His Dad and I joined in on the slay!! We fished out there for about an hour and we caught about 7-8 bass... including a double hookup... GOOD TIMES!!!

In all we had well over 35 bass for the day and both Joe and Andrew said they learned a lot and had a ton of fun!! That's what its all about!!

Shallow fish were caught on several different reaction baits fished in 7-15 ft of water.. the deep fish were caught on plastics fished in 35-48 ft of water.. We could have had even more deep fish but we ran out of time..

Guys Im on several different patterns right now both shallow and of coarse deep...all are a blast!! Call me and book your trip for a fun day at Perris... Shallow, Deep, plastics, reactions...its all really fun right now...don't miss out CALL ME OR PM ME!!!!

If I don't answer just leave me a message and Ill call you right back!! LETS GO HAMMER THESE BASS AT PERRIS!!!!!!

here are a couple pictures...

double hookup..

heres that bluegill that ate my bait hahahaha

Good job guys!!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909) 510-5679 call me or PM me here and Book your trip for a fun day at the lake!!!

Thanks again for the trip Pete. My dad and I had a blast, learned a lot of different techniques, and hammered the bass at the same time

If you have thought about going with Pete to Perris, don't delay! The bass are hitting shallow and deep really well and if anyone is gonna get you on the bass at Perris, it's Pete. You'll have a blast catching some fish, learning some techniques, and some good company as well.

Thanks again Pete!

Andrew (and Joe)

No.. thank you!! I look forward to seeing you and your dad again soon... THANK YOU!!!

Pete