Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Conditions were magical here in SD

Default Conditions were magical here in SD

Been chasing conditions trying to find clean water. Salad has been terrible at my local haunt but I knew eventually it would take a turn for the better. Arrived at my AO at 6:10am this morning to an incoming tide with the high being at 7:55am. On my way to the sand I'm telling my son all I need is clear water, the fish are there all I need is clean water. Got to the water and had just plain epic conditions. Small surf, hardly no win, surge was minimal, current not pulling to the north or the south and three large holes within 100 yards of one another, I would only need to fish one of them. I won't mumble on about each fish caught or each of the 8-10 other big hits I had. Target species was Halibut and the ammo was my trusty old LCFM 100 in Metallic Sardine. Total fish count was 7 Halibut, two of which were legal, a 23 incher and a 26 incher. The other ones ranged from 13 to 20 inches. I will leave you with some pics of the mornings catches. Oh yeah, I got to watch an amazing light show put on by mother nature the whole time I fished ( 2 1/2 hours). Thanks for reading once again. And yes, that is a nose strip I have on, allergies have been killing me!!

23 inches

What the heck Bob_B!

You called it for clean water conditions and you nailed it Bob!
    "Congratulations" on doubling up on legal Hali's!

Thanx for the excellent fish report with pic's!

See ya at HG-6!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    What the heck Bob_B!

You called it for clean water conditions and you nailed it Bob!
    "Congratulations" on doubling up on legal Hali's!

Thanx for the excellent fish report with pic's!

See ya at HG-6!

SP Dan <"))><
    Thanks Dan! And than you for all the kind words in all my reports, appreciate it.

Wow Bob_B, those are some nice numbers!!! Congrats on the butts and thanks for the report!!

Very nice job out there Bob! Great numbers topped off by two prize winners. Sounds like a great day.

Congrats!
    Don

Good job nailing them Bob..
    I've been thinking about going to a spot that has those exact 3 holes...
    Congrats on your multi legal day.
    Robert
    <><

Love this report Bob, outstanding job!

I think you have inspired me to leave those pesky dorado & YFT alone & go hit the surf & pull on the flat kind this weekend.

Great job man!

Kelly

Good job on the Hali.
    DR

Wow Bob!!! That a day for the memory books. Thanks for the report and the mental adventure.

Smile

Well done Bob, you got back in the saddle quick!
    Hope to see you at HG6.