Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A striper smorgasbord

Default A striper smorgasbord

My good old fishing buddies Larry, Danny and Jim and I hit the lake in two boats today...Jim in mine, Larry in Danny's...we started at C-point chasing boils...Jim caught a few and I caught one and farmed about 5...I'd hook 'em, fight 'em, and then and lose them halfway to the boat...it was getting ridiculous, and there wasn't anything wrong with the hooks on the lure...just one of those days...when the surface action died, we put out the u-rigs and got a few more...then that died, so off we went...found more around Hawks Nest that wanted to eat the u-rigs, then off to the upper fish arm where they also were willing to attach the u-rigs...about the time that action slowed down, we started seeing boils out in the channel...so Jim and I started chasing them, and managed to catch a few more, including Jim's first spook striper...he was stoked! Not many fishing cherries left on that guy, but he popped that one today! Meanwhile, Larry and Danny were trolling plugs on a downrigger and getting some, but not a lot of action...we eventually went up the ski arm and anchored up for some sardine baitnwait in the buoyline area...not wide open, but a decent pick on schoolies there as well...eventually the wind blew us off the anchor a couple of times, so we took that as a sign to call it...off to the cleaning table...

We had 27 fish, not counting the dinks and largemouth we released on purpose, and the farmed ones...

WTG man, thats a nice haul

Heckofa report

Great day with pals

Lots of tacos...I love striper tacos. Nice slay sir, thanks for the report.

Thats a fine mess of fish...
    That generation of two pounders is doing a lot of the action these days but it looks like you got a couple nicer ones also.
    Nice work!

Nice day guys, that sounds like a full day of fishing, chasing boils, trolling, chasing boils, posing at the cleaning station.......Good job......................Dave

That's what im talking abought,,,SLAYAGE!,,WTG.

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    WTG man, thats a nice haul
    Thanks ZipperWurm! Fishing was pretty good, but it was also an all-day 4-guy effort...

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Heckofa report

Great day with pals
    Thanks cutbait...these guys have been my fishing buds for 30 years...

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    Lots of tacos...I love striper tacos. Nice slay sir, thanks for the report.
    Thanks basshole1...tacos, whole grilled, broiled, baked in a casserole...you can't cook 'em wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast