Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: live well diy

Default live well diy

My parents have a decent size boat and their yacht club is hosting a fishing tournament on Sept 6 the free fishing day. My mom really wants me to go with them that day since i guess i know more than she does about fishing. Now it seems kind of silly to spend the money to buy and setup a large bait tank on the boat since they wouldn't use it all that much but i was wondering if i were to take and use a large ice chest that i have and use http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Metal-B...s=bait+aerator. How well would it work if i used 2 of them? has anyone ever done this before?

thanks

I tried exactly that a several year ago. It will work for a short time but, at least in my experience, you'll be using fresh dead bait in a short time. They seem to need circulating fresh (and by fresh, I mean "new") water so you have to figure a way to pump water and and let it drain out.

You could try buying a cheap aquarium pump and wiring the power cord to a battery.