Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Budget gear for saltwater fly fishing?

Default Budget gear for saltwater fly fishing?

Hola mis amigos.

If you've seen my reports here you will know that I am a big fan of saltwater float tubing. Lately, I've been a getting a little bored with using plastic lures and conventional tackle for those bay bass. So, I'm looking to get me a inexpensive little fly set-up. Currently, I own two fly rods: 5wt south bend and a cheap 3wt I bought online. I have a pretty functional reel for the 3 wt, but it can only hold about est. 40-50yds of 3wt floating line. For my 5wt I do own a reel as well, but it's so crappy that I don't feel that it's worth using.

Long story short, what type of fly line type do you guys use for saltwater fly fishing? I like to fish light most of time in the bays with 6lb being my go to line class. I'll be specifically targeting bass. Thanks!

-IF2L

There is a guy in Redondo that ties his own sand crab flies. He targets Corbina and Perch from the beach.