Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Lucky Craft baits?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Check out the Dog X from Megabass. They come in sliding and walking models, but my Sammy's (even the wooden models) have been relegated to 2nd string on the depth chart once I fished those MBs gem. One of them has all the paint missing thanks to 50+ fish days (before 9 am) at an unnamed location for a month straight and I've had to replace the trebles twice. When fish are breaking trebles off a bait, you know you have something good.
    I have a shell on my truck. I have felt lining on it. I use to have a collection of puppy's with trebles pulled out, kind of a weakness in the lure but the size and colors I used mimicked the silversides in the lake perfectly. Funny thing I had over 10 hanging at one point I was thinking of returning them to Hedon and asking for a new batch.

I'll have to try the Megabass, I, and looks like you, am a topwater junkie, help me!
    Last edited by seal; 08-06-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    I believe the lc's, more importantly the FM 110 have a weight distribution system that allows for further casts.
    I think a lot of hard bait manufacturers have some type of weight distribution system that allows for better casts, which nowadays equates to mechanisms to avoid the bait 'wobbling' or 'rolling' in the air during casts.

Off the top of my head, Zip has the mag drive system: http://www.zipbaits.com/magdrive.php and Deps Balisong series of jerkbaits have similar features.

MB's saltwater line is pretty insane:

http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/saltwater/shore_minnow/

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'll have to try the Megabass, I, and looks like you, am a topwater junkie, help me!
    I used to attend Topwater Anonymous meetings but I figured I'd use the time to fish topwater baits instead. I used to keep it secret from my friends, relatives. It's caused me to miss days at work, (usually in the fall) and there have been times where, even though I'm fishing with friends, I'll walk to the other side of cove with my topwater box, and I'll take off my Senko, and secretly tie one on making sure nobody notices. When I come back, they all ask where I've been and what all those stripers are doing on my stringer.

Wanna mimic a silverside? Use this pattern:

The action is top notch!

A master Rapala fisherman can produce excellent catches.

A novice throwing the LC can come close to those results.

What I happens in the hands of a master LC fisherman?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    The action is top notch!

A master Rapala fisherman can produce excellent catches.

A novice throwing the LC can come close to those results.

What I happens in the hands of a master LC fisherman?
    What other baits have you tried?

I use LC pointers and flash minnows for stripers. I've tried a bunch of similar (Rapalas , IMA Flits, Live Target, Savage) and The LC just seems to produce more numbers for me. I really like their castability. One thing I hate is the hardware. I just tied a brand new 90sp on this morning. My third 2 pound striper opened up the split ring and took off with my treble. Really? Three fish? I have owner rings and hooks to replace them with but this is not a record to brag about. Still it is my confidence bait and I will stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    I believe the lc's, more importantly the FM 110 have a weight distribution system that allows for further casts.
    X2
    The loose ball bearings go to the rear of the LC when casting. When the LC hits the water they go up a ramp and off a step where they lock in for the retrieve. They dive and hold a neutral position and don't float up very fast as many others do. The bearings and ramp can be seen in the ghost models.
    DR

Most important thing for me is they work.. The quality and performance of their products are consistent and perhaps this is why their lures are so consistent at producing fish. When I take into consideration the limited amount of time I have to fish and the gas /expenses involved with getting out on the water I want to make sure that I am using lures that I'm confident will produce the best results.

I find value in the fact that these lures have delivered for me time and time again.. Sure there are other baits out there that I have found to be comparable however most if not all of them cost more than the LC. I see no value in trying to save a few bucks by buying an inferior product that does not perform as well and therefore does not produce as well.. Just a waist of time and money in my opinion.. I"m not saying a lure has to cost a lot to be good but I will say these lures are well worth the money..
    Last edited by jerryG; 08-13-2014 at 12:50 AM.

cutbait

"Rebel =Fiat" Are these made by the same Rebel that came out years ago ... right behind Rapala ... like an imitation Rapala? I've wondered if they are still around. I still have to use the Ole Original Rainbow (not the one that came out late

Can't hardly troll anywhere ... without soaking one of them. I just hammered BBL one afternoon that was epic ... between the floating toilet and the Steve Allen house

Hype. I mean yeah, they're high-quality lures, but you can do just fine without em. Ever try scroungers? Try one in combination with a zoom fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Hype. I mean yeah, they're high-quality lures, but you can do just fine without em. Ever try scroungers? Try one in combination with a zoom fluke.
    Deadly baits. But not a complete replacement

Nor is the LC a replacement for the scrounger.

Two completely different methods that sometimes overlap but not always

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast