Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time at Castaic..SMH

the water is low!!! see the tower on the left top of the boat dock picture, that area is normall under water and I've never seen the bottom of that tower until this year. Listen to fishinone he knows his stuff, if you happen to be a brother Marine he just might give you more intel or BS LOL

SF! fishinone

Thanks for the info...I really appreciate you taking the time to explain. Im going to read his report now.
    Quote Originally Posted by loweboat View Post
    Read fishione post under tips and tricks dated 5/8/14. It's excellent. Ron is an expert!!! I have fished with him often and ALWAYS learn something new.
    Buy Seguer Invisix line to use for your leader line. It's about $20 but you only use 2-3 feet each leader so it lasts a long time. I use a nimber 2 mosquito hook, but ask the experts what hook they use. 1/2" sardine fallet with the meat exposed has been working for me. Don't use a large piece of sardine!
    Bring at least 200 feet of anchor rope with 10 feet of heavy chain and a good anchor.
    When you want to get real serious anchor bow and stern.
    Good luck,
    Dan

Personal message fishione (Ron), ask him for my phone number or give him yours to give to me.
    I am retired. I live close to Castaic Lake. We could use your boat or mine. Perhaps I could show you a couple of things.
    BUT Trout Only is still your BEST OPTION!!! Bob has more knowledge in his little finger than I'll ever have!
    Take care,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    Thank you..I think i will...
    $40 for gas for the truck
    $30 for gas for the boat
    $24 to launch
    $09 for bait
    $$$ for sunburn and no fish
    total$ 103.00
    Calling T.O x 2 people 125.00-103=22
    My trip would have been $22.00 bucks SMDH
    T.O priceless........

On the spot with those rates. And the guys I use to fish with think I only paid for lake entry fee's every time I took out my boat offering to pay 1/2 the entry fee. smh!

Went and got some more gear...I will stop by gallions for my KPN

Sav-on-tackle has everything..

Bait works for me...just not the bait you had ! I slay from the dam most of the time I go !

what is your super bait
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Bait works for me...just not the bait you had ! I slay from the dam most of the time I go !

When you go to Gallions buy the fresh sardines in the cooler. You can also find them boiling in most coves every morning til 9 or 0 then again in the evenings. Any topwater bait or small swimbait will get them to bite for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    what is your super bait

thanks. Im going to bass pro shop today..
    Quote Originally Posted by fshnritchey View Post
    When you go to Gallions buy the fresh sardines in the cooler. You can also find them boiling in most coves every morning til 9 or 0 then again in the evenings. Any topwater bait or small swimbait will get them to bite for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12