Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Saturday, The Wrath of Khahn

Default Saturday, The Wrath of Khahn

I invited Khahn of KPN fame to join me last year and we finally went on Saturday. While waiting in line we could already see some fish popping on shad so when we launched we headed to that area to check it out.

Didn’t see anything surfacing when we got there but master fisherman Khahn cast his famous lure and hooked up on the first try with a keeper. We moved around looking for more fish to catch with lures but eventually started trolling.

We picked up several more including one of the biggest of the day. After a while we came around a point and saw a couple big shad hauling across the surface and saw fish popping in the cove ahead. There were two bass boats there but we reeled in the rigs and eased in to the area where we began casting to some pops, swirls and from dead water.

Khahn worked his magic with top water and also with another lure he wanted to try for a long time. The bass guys also hooked up a few times but they got a show watching the master pull 10 fish from that area. I managed 5 with a fluke. We kept some and threw some decent size ones back so we wouldn’t limit out too early.

When the lure action died down we headed to join the bait fleet and anchored not far from Loweboat.

There was not much happening even though we regularly saw a few fish swim around on the fish finder they either ignored the fresh frozen sardines or they grabbed it pulled once and didn’t come back. We stayed around that spot the rest of the day picking up occasional fish including a couple nice size ones but the bait bite stayed slow. We gave on the water reports to Dan and Lulu and to Lowe and fishinone as they cruised by.

By the midafternoon the fleet had given up on the slow bite and it was just Loweboat and us patiently waiting for the picky bite to change. We threw back quite a few but I was too tired to keep count.
    In the end we had 17 in the cooler, a few bigger sizes and many nice medium size and a small bleeder that wasn’t going to make it.

We caught fish with three different methods and had a fun day with LLLC friends fishing all around the lake (loose lipped local crew ).
    I had an excellent first mate and fishing partner and learned some good stuff.

Last edited by Bassfan; 08-03-2014 at 09:53 AM.

You guys kill,d it,,,,,,,,,wtg.

TRAIL BLAZER

Awesome slay Bassfan & KPN !
    Always enjoy fishing with Khanh, learn something new every time we fish.....

Capt'n

Slayed it, nice going on the linesides...

TD

Way to get them Jim and Khahn! The topwater thing should be starting to get into full swing soon!..............Dave

It's always nice seeing you out there Jim.

You had the chance to see the famous KPN working the boils. He's like a machine isn't he? He's a great bait n wait catcherman too.

From now until December the bite should be good. Too much fun!

good deal on the topwater jim , tell kahn I will be throwing one his topwaters on the yellowtail tomorrow , cory promised me they will eat it up.................T/O...........