Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling with Lowe, 08-02-2014

Default Trolling with Lowe, 08-02-2014

Lowe and I fished together today. We planned to meet at Gallion's Market first thing in the morning, ready to troll, fish boils and bait n wait.

I met Jim and Khanh at Gallion's and saw Dan and Lulu go by. It turned out that Lowe was delayed so I went and got in line.

I fished from shore until he could get there. That wound up being casting practice.

When Lowe arrived we decided on trolling for a start. That turned out to be a good choice, we only went a little way before Lowe hooked up and landed a schoolie. The fish after that was a sub-schoolie that I tossed. Then I got a fish that seemed heavy and the head shakes told me that I had a striper on the line. It turned out to be a double, a 3 1\2 pound striper and 1 1/2 pound UGB. We kept the striper and pitched UGB.

We enjoyed a slow pick on striper after that while we tried out different rigs. We finally tried a rig that worked like a charm and picked up a triple.

Lowe picked up a single on the other pole at the same time. Things were looking up.

We set up both poles with the hot rig and started picking up fish on most passes, tossing the smaller ones and keeping the bigger grade. We had quite a few doubles and double hook ups.

We went and talked to the guys who were set up on the bait spot. Jim and Khanh, Wayne and Ronnie, the Unknown Lurker and a few others were there but the clouds of fish that were there recently, weren't.

We trolled on by and looked around. We found some schools but none were going. We headed back and trolled some spots that we had worked earlier but it was slow, so we went and anchored up with the fleet. Jim and Khanh had picked up a couple so we were hopeful. Well, I think we had 2 shabby hits while we ate our lunch. I can't believe that I let my bait thaw out for that bite!

It wasn't long before we pulled it up and went back on the troll. We found the fish that we had been messing with earlier, ready to bite, but they were scattered. We were catching them up against shore and out in the middle of the lake. On one pass I got one fish and Lowe picked up a triple out in open water.

It has been determined that we're old! These triples are heavy!

After that we made a couple more passes and headed down the lake to another likely spot. There we picked up a little nicer grade of fish, filled our limits and headed home.

These are the fish that I brought home, Lowe took another 10 and we tossed at least 9 or 10.

Thanks for inviting me fishing today Lowe. It was a good day!
    Last edited by fishinone; 08-08-2014 at 10:43 AM.

WTG F/n1,,,,,AND lOWE,,,,,,,,,,,,Great job on the staic stripers,,,,,,Gettin r done for sure.

TRAIL BLAZER

Nice haul guys... Better grade of fish lately. Looks like Castaic is heating up!

Way to slay boys..................

Way to wreck 'em gents! Great job finding them and the right rig...

Trips are a blast..

That's what its all bout

You guys killed it out there by finding what they like and working it. Nice catch.
    Somebody need to change his name to Lundboat!

Seems a better grade a fish are starting to play, good job fellas

Capt'n

Great job fellas!

Nice to hear that things are picking up and you guys
    Got a little sumthing something.

Looks like a little better grade as well!

Still, nothing beats fishing with friends.

It was good fishing with you again Ron sorry for late start thanks everyone hope to get out again nice to meet you Kaun, Jimmy I am glad everything is OK with your motor, until next time fellas see on the water ..lo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast