Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/1 more summer bummer

OK, was out today 8/6 and the bite has slowed from just yesterday. Only chased one good boil and had a total of 7 or 8 fish. Compared with Monday and 14-15 fish. Bait guys are kinda at a loss. I saw them spreading out to the main buoy line and abandoning the in-flow area.

Thanks for the report PAW.

Did you go after any of the green kind or just focus on Striper?

Pat, it was good to see you yesterday. I struggled myself. I picked up three stripers on the troll and one casting at the inlet. They were all 1.5# dinks. The LMB fishing was slow at best. I picked one up here and there on the drop shot, but nothing to write home about. I guess I need to start fishing deep for them. Next time out I'm going to try the Carolina rig off the deep points.

Thanks for the info. Hope the bigger fish show up in fall/winter like last year. Yeah the fish boiling out in middle of lake can be tough to catch. Try throwing the small 1.5 flukes in the boils. Kinda hard though as u gotta fish them on the small heads and u can't cast them too far.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Pat, it was good to see you yesterday. I struggled myself. I picked up three stripers on the troll and one casting at the inlet. They were all 1.5# dinks. The LMB fishing was slow at best. I picked one up here and there on the drop shot, but nothing to write home about. I guess I need to start fishing deep for them. Next time out I'm going to try the Carolina rig off the deep points.
    Let me know how you do on the deep LMB. I may have to try it myself.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 08-07-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Kaiyasdad That is the problem huh? I have a darter head set up on a light spinning rod. Bigger fish are like 10- 12 weeks away! Have to make do with the taco sized models 'til then!
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 08-07-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Just gotta use 4-6lb and a long spin rod. I use the scrounger type heads that vibrate. U can also use a larger size fluke and bite it off to make it shorter and it will be a little bit heavier so you can cast it farther.

Cool Pat, thanks. Hopefully cooler weather is on the way. Still have yet to put the new bass boat on Skinner. Cant wait.

Hey Darren, make sure you flag me down. I won't recognize you without the yellowtail chaser!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12