Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Covers

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    FWIW: I got the 300 denier universal (blue) from Cabelas for a 16 ft v-hull crestliner going on 4 years-parked outside in sunny HEMET CA. Fading only, stiching is holding up no tears anywhere-I use all straps when parked. This one is on sale $69.99 now
    I'll look into that..300 denier in Hemet lasting for 4 years? Is it parked in the shade? Hard to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    I'll look into that..300 denier in Hemet lasting for 4 years? Is it parked in the shade? Hard to believe...
    MM- side of house so it gets the a.m sun all the way til mid afternoon. Not the deep blue anymore but holding up with no tears on the corners, the internal strap is rope.

Holding up still: Under the wraps families 1992 Crestliner w/2007 50HP Merc.

AN UPDATE: it has been a year of Yuma Arizona sun, several hard rains and a lots of dust, sand and wind. But the $69 Vortex cover I mentioned (page 1), is still in great shape. It is a little faded, but the cover is still water tight and looks just fine. These less expensive covers will not work for every application, but this is one is doing what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    AN UPDATE: it has been a year of Yuma Arizona sun, several hard rains and a lots of dust, sand and wind. But the $69 Vortex cover I mentioned (page 1), is still in great shape. It is a little faded, but the cover is still water tight and looks just fine. These less expensive covers will not work for every application, but this is one is doing what I needed.
    Thanks for the update! I still haven't bought a new one yet, but this is you recommend for my boat size:

http://www.vortexdirect.com/heavy-du...171171939.html

MM

I bought mine from them. I think I bought mine through eBay but VortexDirect was the seller. I wish there was one more strap just in front of the wheels, but I use a tie down for that area. Mine is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    Thanks for the follow-up! That is a heck of a deal. I'm going to try one out. Was going to buy waterproofing solution for my canvas cover, but this really isn't a whole lot more expensive than a bottle of that stuff. If it lasts more than a year or two, it would easily be worth the $69.

Hell I just rented a garage across town and put my boat in it. Built shelves all around it, bought 2 refridges and a freezer. put in a small bar in front and tell the little women im going down to work on the boat. Great place to go all the neighbors visit every night and all for $200 a month

Thanks for the update! I still haven't bought a new one yet, but this is you recommend for my boat size:

http://www.vortexdirect.com/heavy-du...171171939.html

MM
    Update --I bought a Vortex cover. Got it last week, we'll see how it goes!!

MM

I just came down to Yuma again. The cover is still as new, with some fading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12